Snake Keeper
      This user has not set their status.

I am:
      ----

User Info Achievements / Awards Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
      Last Visited
      08-05-2010 02:54 PM

Default Where to buy Green Anacondas

Where does one get a Green Anaconda? I'm really considering buying one, but I can't find anywhere to get one. Where did you guys get yours?

Thanks.

ColdBlooded!

I am:
      ----

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
      Last Visited
      05-09-2014 01:26 AM

Default Re: Where to buy

There is alot of places to buy them... but if I was you I'd make 100% sure that you have what it takes to own one and are able to do so. Theres kingsnake and a bunch of breeders, just look it up.

Steve

Court Jester
      is looking for trouble

I am:
      Secret

ReputationReputationReputation
      ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
      Blog Entries
      Images
      Last Visited
      10-23-2014 04:06 PM

NERD has some on Kingsnake.com right now.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=62&de=572497

There's a couple other ads for greenies in the "other boas" forum.

http://market.kingsnake.com/index.php?cat=62
      "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Court Jester
      is looking for trouble

I am:
      Secret

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
      Blog Entries
      Images
      Last Visited

Quote Originally Posted by Death_ADDER View Post
      There is alot of places to buy them... but if I was you I'd make 100% sure that you have what it takes to own one and are able to do so.
      This is a good point. Green anacondas do get big. Ask yourself if you think you're ready to deal with a full grown Reticulated or Burmese python. If the answer is "yes" then you should be ok with a Greenie. If the answer is "no" you might want to consider a yellow anaconda, they are considerably smaller than greens, with the females topping out at 12ft normally, males usually around 8-9.
      "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Snake Keeper

I am:
      ----

Last Visited
      09-29-2012 03:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tipperman View Post
      Where does one get a Green Anaconda? I'm really considering buying one, but I can't find anywhere to get one. Where did you guys get yours?

Thanks.
      I would not purchase any Anaconda from someone other than Ben Renick. He is a top notch Anaconda breeder that I will be buying some Condas from.

Court Jester
      is looking for trouble

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries
      Images
      Last Visited

Ben does have some amazing animals! He's got a marbled yellow female that he's been trying to breed to a hypo, and I'm just dying to get a couple of those offspring!

Snake Keeper

I am:
      ----

Last Visited

I have the space requirements and what not. I have considered yellow as well. I like the green for color, but perhaps i'll go with the yellow. Either way I have the space requirement. What do full growns eat?

Court Jester
      is looking for trouble

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries
      Images
      Last Visited

What do full growns eat?
      That's going to depend on what you get.

I know some people who feed their adult female Retic and Burms two (10lb+) rabbits a week, and some will feed a 40+lb goat or pig every couple of months. So if you've got a female green anaconda, in the 16+ft range, I'd imagine you'd have a similiar feeding bill.

A male green, or female yellow, probably a large rabbit or small pig every other week. Maybe a little more for a female yellow since females tend to have more bulk than males.

And since male yellows don't get much larger than most BCCs, probably a medium to large rabbit every other week once it reaches adulthood.

Snake Keeper

I am:
      ----

Last Visited

I have the space requirements and what not. I have considered yellow as well. I like the green for color, but perhaps i'll go with the yellow. Either way I have the space requirement. What do full growns eat?
      Im going to be frank with you, if you have any questions about anaconda temprement, housing, feeding, size, etc you should not even consider getting one. It's like walking in a Ferrari dealership and asking "how much".

Anacondas can be very difficult to keep on a good feeding schedule because they will fast for months for no apparent reason (mine has refused food for over 3 months). If a keeper is able to get his to accept rabbits consistantly I would consider that keeper lucky.

I suggest you find an anaconda owner that lives not to far away from you so you can get some experience working with them and so you can fully understand what you are getting into. A burm or retic would be a much easier animal to deal with.

ColdBlooded!

I am:
      ----

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
      Last Visited
      05-09-2014 01:26 AM

Quote Originally Posted by boaterr View Post
      Im going to be frank with you, if you have any questions about anaconda temprement, housing, feeding, size, etc you should not even consider getting one. It's like walking in a Ferrari dealership and asking "how much".

Anacondas can be very difficult to keep on a good feeding schedule because they will fast for months for no apparent reason (mine has refused food for over 3 months). If a keeper is able to get his to accept rabbits consistantly I would consider that keeper lucky.

I suggest you find an anaconda owner that lives not to far away from you so you can get some experience working with them and so you can fully understand what you are getting into. A burm or retic would be a much easier animal to deal with.
      I agree with this 100%. If you have to ask where to buy, what to feed and other questions like that, your probably not ready yet. Get some on hands experience from someone who deals with big snakes regularly.

Steve

Snake Keeper

I am:
      ----

Last Visited

Quote Originally Posted by boaterr View Post

You have a point, i'll admit. It's a lot of care, yes. But, like I did with my boas and pythons, I would do a fair share of research before getting one. On top of that, I'd be sure to be in contact with an expert. I like Retics as well, but i do so love green anacondas heads. They look so weird, and yet they're cute.

Court Jester
      is looking for trouble

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries
      Images
      Last Visited

Quote Originally Posted by Death_ADDER View Post
      I agree with this 100%. If you have to ask where to buy, what to feed and other questions like that, your probably not ready yet.

Eh, I don't know if that's really a fair statement. We don't know what his level of experience is, we're assuming he doesn't have much just because he's a relative newcomer to the site. Give him some credit for asking the questions BEFORE buying one. The fact that he's doing the prep-work necessary is a good sign I think. And to be honest, the questions he asked were ones that I'd probably ask about a species I wasn't familiar with, but interested in.

Also, keep in mind that he won't be buying a 20footer right off the bat. He'll start off with a neonate and learn as it grows. Plenty of folks have started off that way with a particular species and done very well.

Snake Keeper

I am:
      ----

Last Visited

Default Re: Where to buy Green Anacondas

I've worked with snakes for about three years now, though i've only acquired mine a year and a half ago. And though I'm not familiar with Anacondas behavior and what not, I'm asking owners questions so I can decide whether or not I can handle one. I will reiterate that I have the space, but no experience with them. I have handled large snakes (up to 16 feet) just never owned one that large.

Snake Keeper

I am:
      ----

Last Visited

I've worked with snakes for about three years now, though i've only acquired mine a year and a half ago. And though I'm not familiar with Anacondas behavior and what not, I'm asking owners questions so I can decide whether or not I can handle one. I will reiterate that I have the space, but no experience with them. I have handled large snakes (up to 16 feet) just never owned one that large.
      Fair enough. I honestly think your best bet is to try and find someone with an adult Anaconda and ask them to let you handle it. Anacondas are probably the strongest snakes alive and they are very clingy snakes (they hold on really tight when they are being picked up). I have been bit by mine and I can honestly say her teeth felt like a saw ( very long and I actually needed to press my hand deeper in her mouth in order to unhook her backwards curving from my flesh). I always tell people that you can't really go wrong with a nice cb burm or retic but if you must get an anaconda yellows are not as demanding as greens (usually better eaters and usually do not get quite as large).

Snake Keeper

I am:
      ----

Last Visited

I have taken the fact that they can be nippy in to consideration as well. i would like to know, however, what's the personality on a retic? I do like Retics heads as well. Beautiful patterns on both snakes.

Court Jester
      is looking for trouble

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries
      Images
      Last Visited

Retics can be a handful. They're unlike pretty much any other snake I've worked with. Mine are always in hunt mode. They're hook trained and fairly docile when out of their cages, but even then they're on alert. I've heard it said that Retics are one of the smartest snakes out there, and I believe it. Couple that with the fact that they look at everything radiating 98.6 as either a meal or a threat, and you had better never let your guard down. That's my personal experience. However, there are quite a few people out there with incredibly docile Retics, look up Bob Clark and "Fluffy".

Either way, they're fascinating and rewarding animals to work with, its impossible not to find them impressive.

Snake Keeper

I am:
      ----

Last Visited
      10-24-2008 11:46 PM

I was wondering about housing an anaconda. I don't want one because I know I couldn't handle one. I am just curious when you have one as a pet do they need a large water source? What I know about them is it can be hard for full grown ones to get around on land because of their size and weight. Is this true?

BBK-The Boa Warehouse
      is The House of " L"

I am:
      Cool

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
      Blog Entries
      Last Visited
      10-23-2014 04:35 PM

Whatever you do be sure to get a CB Green Anaconda. I bought a male & fem at a show. They were sweet as pie for about three months.Then they both became more and more agressive.They will rap up your arm in a second.It's like a steel cable,their teeth are recurved and go through the leather gloves I use to handle them anymore. My research shows these were most likely wild caught specimens I have .Even though I was told differently.This is why you will want to purchase from someone with a "REP" in breeding Greens. Just my 2 cents. Lar M

Court Jester
      is looking for trouble

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries
      Images
      Last Visited

Quote Originally Posted by Boa Amarali View Post
      Whatever you do be sure to get a CB Green Anaconda. .............This is why you will want to purchase from someone with a "REP" in breeding Greens. Just my 2 cents. Lar M
      Definitely. I know the ones that NERD has are CB, and anything you get from Ben will be top notch. Be careful with some of the other ads on Kingsnake, if the deal seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Snake Keeper

I am:
      ----

Last Visited

I'm considering a Retic. I want to get a very large snake.. I was looking at Renick Reptiles, there's somenice Retics there.