This user has not set their status.

I am:
      Tired

ReputationReputation

User Info Achievements / Awards Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
      Last Visited
      05-12-2017 08:27 PM

Default A Sunny Afternoon.

I've been waiting for a nice day and a decent prop. This is a SD X Dwarf Reticulated Python with the following genetic package, 100% Het snow (Purple Albino & Anery) He is 37.5% SD 43.75% Dwarf and 18.75% Mainland. His name is Wallace and he finally got his day in the sun.
      He should stay between 8-10 feet as a full grown adult.

Enjoy these:

It isn't exactly warm, but it was warm enough and he was easy to take out today.

I think this guy absolutely glows outdoors.

He acts like a king! Plenty confident these days IMO and rather easy to deal with.

Head scalation and crazy eyes.

Thanks for checking out Wallace!

Snake Guru
      is probably underwater!

I am:
      Friendly

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Last Visited
      10-19-2017 01:33 PM

Default Re: A Sunny Afternoon.

Wow, you're not kidding! He's awesome! (don't let that "go to his head" lol...) Beautiful colors & markings, radiantly healthy & staying a nice size for many people to handle (though too big for me). VERY NICE!
      Primolilla likes this.

Snake Keeper

I am:
      Tired

ReputationReputation

Last Visited

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle7206 View Post
      Wow, you're not kidding! He's awesome! (don't let that "go to his head" lol...) Beautiful colors & markings, radiantly healthy & staying a nice size for many people to handle (though too big for me). VERY NICE!
      Always so quick with a positive comment!

I'm not here as much as I should be, and DO promise to post some boa pictures, but with that said, I can tell you are an asset to this board.
      Thanks again.
      Noelle7206 likes this.

Snake Maniac

I am:
      ----

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
      Images
      Last Visited
      10-15-2017 04:13 PM

I'm jealous that you have such a beautiful retic and that you live somewhere warm enough to take him outside, lol. He really is stunning : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Primolilla likes this.
      “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” -DA
      www.outworldreptiles.com

Snake Maniac
      is Lovin' Life

I am:
      Cool

Images
      Last Visited
      10-18-2017 12:30 AM

He's beautiful.
      Primolilla likes this.

Snake Guru
      is probably underwater!

I am:
      Friendly

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Last Visited

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod42 View Post
      I'm jealous... that you live somewhere warm enough to take him outside, lol....
      Psst, he's in Minnesota!!! I think they just got a lucky warm-enough day, hahahaha...
      Zaphod42 and Primolilla like this.

Snake Lover

I am:
      ----

Last Visited
      10-19-2017 04:09 PM

amazing marking on him i love the iridescence on him its so hard to capture sometimes in a picture.natural sunlight always helps like
      Primolilla likes this.

Snake Keeper

I am:
      Tired

ReputationReputation

Last Visited

Psst, he's in Minnesota!!! I think they just got a lucky warm-enough day, hahahaha...
      LOL!

Yeah, it snowed here the day before so don't be too envious.

I'm originally from the Boston area and prefer that weather AND COASTLINE.

Glad Noelle caught my location. I don't want people to think I'm going to the beach every day now LOL!

Snake Guru
      is probably underwater!

I am:
      Friendly

Last Visited

Quote Originally Posted by Primolilla View Post
      LOL!

Yeah, it snowed here the day before so don't be too envious.

I'm originally from the Boston area and prefer that weather AND COASTLINE.

Glad Noelle caught my location. I don't want people to think I'm going to the beach every day now LOL!
      I know folks that lived many years in Duluth...no "weather-envy" from me: even here in the South, it's hit or miss this time of year, for days warm enough to be outside with snakes.
      I can't think of any snakes that want to belong to a "polar bear plunge club" either, hahaha!
      Primolilla likes this.

Snake Maniac

I am:
      ----

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
      Images
      Last Visited

Haha. I was so distracted by the pretty retic in the sunshine that I didn't even notice where you lived, lol. We got teased with some nice weather a few weeks ago but since then it's been stubbornly in the low 60's and overcast most days. The lack of sunshine has been driving me insane. But at least we're not getting snow anymore : )
      Noelle7206 and Primolilla like this.
      www.outworldreptiles.com

Snake Lover

I am:
      ----

ReputationReputationReputation

Last Visited
      05-07-2017 03:40 PM

lovely lovely!
      Primolilla likes this.

Snake Lover

I am:
      Cool

ReputationReputationReputationReputation

Images
      Last Visited
      06-19-2017 08:54 PM

Amazing retic you have there. My college roomate had a retic and it was such a nasty beast that I was actually a little uneasy with it being in my bedroom. I have never wanted one of those... until I saw that first picture. Wow! Gorgeous.

Haha. I was so distracted by the pretty retic in the sunshine that I didn't even notice where you lived, lol. We got teased with some nice weather a few weeks ago but since then it's been stubbornly in the low 60's and overcast most days. The lack of sunshine has been driving me insane. But at least we're not getting snow anymore : )
      Whatchu talkin bout Willis? We had snow up here last weekend (few hours north of BOS). Well to be accurate it was some type of frozen white precipitation, but it was cold, wet and white. Went to some street festival and left after 20 minutes wet and frozen solid. My snakes-fat, myself-depressed and my motorcycles-dusty... When will it end?
      Primolilla and Joba1972 like this.

Snake Keeper

I am:
      Tired

ReputationReputation

Last Visited

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Fu Joe View Post
      Amazing retic you have there. My college roomate had a retic and it was such a nasty beast that I was actually a little uneasy with it being in my bedroom. I have never wanted one of those... until I saw that first picture. Wow! Gorgeous.

Thanks for the nice words.
      Here is a little update I wrote up on him, and a few more pictures.
      Things are going very well.

"Wallace seems to be growing at the desired pace I was shooting for and what I was told he'd likely progress at.

He's a 1 year old snake, June, 1st. I am still feeding small rats every 10-14 days with zero behavior problems. Only today has he finally started reacting to movements in front of the cage. I will be bumping him up to medium rats and quail when he hits his 1st B-day.

Warmer weather, increased daylight and age are getting him going.

He has been wonderful to handle since a few spraying incidents early on. The only accidental, defensive bite was not a bad experience. I actually am better having gone through incident, as I know what to expect and how BIG his mouth opens. The species certainly has one of the, if not the, largest mouth gapes in the snake world. The little ones are quite capable of opening wide.

He's 5+ feet. Maybe 5.5, though he's not really measurable so I'm a bit on the give or take there, but not by a lot.

The combination of SD and dwarf blood seem to be working in concert with his male, gender and keeping him very manageable as far as the size. He is a mover when he's being handled, but there are times when he sits still. I find he either starts out a bit crazy and settles, or he starts out mellow and gets antsy after 15-20 minutes.

I will be curious to see what the start of his second year brings. Another 3-4 feet and some thickness is what I'm expecting.

The guy takes a nice picture when he's ready to pose. Here are a couple in the evening light from yesterday.

This one brings out his SD green coloring. These guys do tend to change color a bit throughout the day it seems.

This one shows some nice head scales and another look at the peepers, well one of them anyhow.

"

It's important to me to do everything correctly with this guy. He has become VERY pleasant since early on which wasn't all that bad either. Really he's been great from the start.

I'm looking 20 plus years down the road with this guy and I don't want to be outmatched should I get a little too old. My wife isn't into the reptile scene and my kids will be long out of the house by that time.

As long as you buy from credible breeders and do some research you should be able to find something within this group to suit your needs. They really do have dwarf populations within the species. Scientific research explains the mainland sizes and why the island populations stay smaller, in some cases much smaller.
      Noelle7206 and NoNameXII like this.

Snake Guru
      is probably underwater!

I am:
      Friendly

Last Visited

Quoting you, Primolilla:
      "I'm looking 20 plus years down the road with this guy and I don't want to be outmatched should I get a little too old. My wife isn't into the reptile scene and my kids will be long out of the house by that time."

I commend your foresight...I would encourage everyone to do likewise. It's better for us, & certainly better for our pets too. Especially important since the bigger they are, the harder they are to re-home.
      Primolilla likes this.

Snake Maniac

I am:
      ----

Images
      Last Visited

Whatchu talkin bout Willis? We had snow up here last weekend (few hours north of BOS). Well to be accurate it was some type of frozen white precipitation, but it was cold, wet and white. Went to some street festival and left after 20 minutes wet and frozen solid. My snakes-fat, myself-depressed and my motorcycles-dusty... When will it end?
      Haha. A few people at work live in Vermont and New Hampshire and they mentioned that. I live in the 'burbs outside Boston but close enough to the water that we don't get snow unless it's a major storm. We have been getting a lot of rain though and not much sunshine, my garden looks pretty pathetic right now. But I'm really happy about missing out on the freezing cold rain : )
      Primolilla likes this.
      www.outworldreptiles.com

Snake Lover

I am:
      Cool

Images
      Last Visited

Haha. A few people at work live in Vermont and New Hampshire and they mentioned that. I live in the 'burbs outside Boston but close enough to the water that we don't get snow unless it's a major storm. We have been getting a lot of rain though and not much sunshine, my garden looks pretty pathetic right now. But I'm really happy about missing out on the freezing cold rain : )
      I'm right on the Canadian border... My grass hasn't even started to grow yet. It's still dark, damp and cold.
      Last edited by Kung Fu Joe; 05-10-2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: spelling error

Snake Lover

I am:
      Cool

Images
      Last Visited

oting you, Primolilla:
      "I'm looking 20 plus years down the road with this guy and I don't want to be outmatched should I get a little too old. My wife isn't into the reptile scene and my kids will be long out of the house by that time."

I commend your foresight...I would encourage everyone to do likewise. It's better for us, & certainly better for our pets too. Especially important since the bigger they are, the harder they are to re-home.
      Kudos Primolilla! When I look at the pics of some snake rooms online, bins packed with dozens of young boas I often wonder what will happen when they all grow up. My big girl is still growing 5-6 inches a year. When she urinates it takes well over an hour to clean her, the cage and myself... and it has to be done ASAP. Your forethought is appreciated.

Snake Maniac
      is Lovin' Life

I am:
      Cool

Images
      Last Visited
      10-18-2017 12:30 AM

I can't figure why anyone lives in those cold places! Spent 32 years in Wisconsin. Done. No more winter. EVER. EVER

Snake Keeper

I am:
      Tired

ReputationReputation

Last Visited

Kudos Primolilla! When I look at the pics of some snake rooms online, bins packed with dozens of young boas I often wonder what will happen when they all grow up. My big girl is still growing 5-6 inches a year. When she urinates it takes well over an hour to clean her, the cage and myself... and it has to be done ASAP. Your forethought is appreciated.
      I hear ya. This is quite the touchy subject. I've been around the hobby, a while but a short time IMO. I'm not the slightest interested in breeding. My snakes and cages are like relaxing, fish aquariums to me.

I'm not ancient, but I suspect I'm older than the average snake keeper, though I see a lot of other folks my age or older. Gus Rentfro (Boa God) is older and so is Vin Russo I suspect is older as well. Anyhow, I have made some observations over the years, and I too often see people buy a ball python, and then go absolutely bananas and add 5, 10 or more snakes in too short of a time. Look at some of the retic people that were "all in" and then completely out of the hobby 5 years later.

Anyhow, that was a rant. I'll be retired in the not too distant future and snakes will be a nice quite, relaxing hobby until I pass them on to my kids.

Boom!
      Noelle7206 and Joba1972 like this.

Snake Keeper

I am:
      Tired

ReputationReputation

Last Visited

OK and this LOL!