Striking Bp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striking Bp

Ok so the other day I went to change the water in the tub of my het albino and what does he do ... takes a strike.. I was shocked he is the only one that has Never struck at me at all in the 6 months ive had him. Now a day later was doing my poo checks and as im checking another tub i hear him strike again against the tub 3x. Then tonite I took him out and put him on my bed and he was fine moving around i handled him a little and put him back on the bed and what does he do ... yupp another strike. Now i fed him wed a good size mouse for him so he isnt hungry, he shed on tuesday so there goes the whole cloudy eyes(and it was a perfect shed), he has always been a little shy and I thought we were making progress, I handle all my snakes 3x a week. the temps and humidity are fine. Any sugestions besides the fact that maybe he is just pissed off. Maybe he is upset I bought a boa lol

Re: Striking Bp

You say you fed a mouse... What size is your BP. I feed small rats to my yearlings. Maybe he is still hungry.

Comment

he was hatched in July he is about 24-29 inch give or take a few ive never really measured but he is a husky boy. not overweight but solid , I have another pastel hatched around the same time and he is aboout the same and eats the same. I am going to feed my pastel tomorrow (because he was in shed on feeding day ) so im going to give Sir Strikes Alot over here another meal and maybe he will calm down! Im hoping its Christmas time he needs to lighten up lol

Comment

Man....i Hear allot and read allot about ball pythons being the nicest and most tamest of snakes...and Ill tell you something....I think I would say that ball pythons aren't all so nice as they are marketed...I thinks them being so shy increases there self defense strikes...(I still love them though)

I have three and there mood swings are worst than my wifes

anyways try to up him to a small rat...I have one about the same size as yours and that's what I feed him...every 7 days

Comment

You'll never know why,they could be just havin a bad day. I've had snakes that have never stuck at me and then just out of the blue they do.

Comment

I'm new to BPs and now I have 4 of them. They ALL hiss and strike. Most times it's closed mouth strikes but I have one female who likes to really tag me. She even tagged her brother when I first got the pair.

If I didn't know better I would think they had "Little Man's Syndrome" being in the same room with Boas. Oh well, they are gorgeous snakes so I guess that's just the trade off.

Comment

My BP's are really really nice little guys ,

plus BP's have those cute little faces

Lar M
              Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Wow...I guess Ive just been lucky. My BPs have never struck at me unless it was my fault (forgot to wash hands after feeding) lol. My 4ft female struck me right on the wrist then let go as soon as she realized what she did. Its more of a shock than pain with those guys. The little ones usually dont draw blood because they just nose bump but its still kinda intimidating! Good luck on that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by jgonzalez305 View Post
                  Man....i Hear allot and read allot about ball pythons being the nicest and most tamest of snakes...and Ill tell you something....I think I would say that ball pythons aren't all so nice as they are marketed...I thinks them being so shy increases there self defense strikes...

Joe...I am with you all the way. This and the feeding issues are the reasons I don't keep them any longer. There too fussy for me! I'm a boa guy through and through.

Comment

Really? My BP is an absolute doll! He's never hissed or struck at me--Now the boa is a whole different story...
                    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

I have had a few BPs that were prone to mood swings also. Those tended to be the ones that went off food for no apparent reason. You can keep 10 BPs in identical enclosures and they will all act differently. These mood swings were one of the reasons I got rid of my BPs and got more boas.
                      http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

hey
                        one of my bp is a striker aswell, but only in her viv. as soon as she is out she is fine.started doing this around the 8 month mark and hasnt changed in the last 3 years.think it might be a case of just getting used to it. good luck

Comment

I own five Balls, and have rescued and rehomed five others, and only one has bit me, and thats because I forgot to wash my hands after feeding and she released as soon as she noticed what she did, it actually made me laugh, she looked like she was in trouble...But, I don't ever think my Balls, nor Boas for that matter, will strike or bite, unless it was is my own **** fault. But, I guess my Balls are classic examples of their breeds rep. I can honestly say, have never really met a pissed off Ball Python (yet anyways). And I just recommend buying as hatchlings. Good luck to ya!

Comment

Believe it or not snakes are wild animals and actually have limited personalities. The best advice I can give is never trust a snake as far as getting bit. I have dealt with snakes in the wild and in captivity since I was a kid and the nicest snakes can strike out at times for no obvious reason to us. Always respect your snakes, especially the part with the teeth =). Jake the Snake Roberts said it best I guess " never trust a snake "..

Comment

Out of the two Balls I have. One has only Bitten someone once Which was my ex so I don't blame it. The other is just to relaxed for it. But Maybe one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X