Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slinky....Ovulation...Could it be? Whats going on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky....Ovulation...Could it be? Whats going on!

Hey guys, slinky and little dude were taking a break, so i separated them, and i fed little dude a small meal. Meanwhile, Slinky is starting to go into shed, and has an awkward bulge in her side, and that side is leaning slightly...could this be ovulation?

its hard to see from that angle...
    so here's another....

and one more, its kinda blurry through the plexiglass, but you should get the idea...

Re: Slinky....Ovulation...Could it be? Whats going on!

That is what it sounds like to me actually sounds like she may already be gravid. Good luck.

Comment

If she may already be gravid...which would be way cool, should i stick the male back in there just in case...or should i call it quits?

Comment

now that i am not sure about. But from what i understand is if your male did his job woth her and she is bloated and going in to shed she is most likely gravid. as far as putting the make back in not to sure on that one.

Comment

I personally would keep the male in as much as possible just to be sure... expecially considering he doesnt have anything better do be doing (ie other females )

Congrats and Good luck.

Comment

Jeff, where are you when we need you,
            I think this might be what Jeff calls the POS or post ovulation shed. which would be exciting, start counting now, maybe in 110 to 115 days you'll have some little ones.

Comment

Well Ryan, i just stuck him in there about an hour ago and he jumped right back on her, their tails are lined up and everything. Dont quite know what to think now...

Comment

YAY FOR YOU!!! I am happy for you and wish you a lot of luck or whatever anyone here believes in (karma etc.). Breeding is hard and I hope it works for you.

Lyndsay

Comment

i woke up this morning and they were still at it, and i think she is ovulating, cause she is definitly leaning to one side, ive got some better pics of her stretched out.

Last edited by MormonBoa; 12-25-2005, 11:28 AM. Reason: cutting and pasting...

Comment

Wanna help me out...Clay, Loco....

Alright...she's been like that since around friday-ish, and is going into shed...knighthawk said that she may already be gravid....and ive started to entertain that thought. As i understand it, an ovulation shouldnt last for 4 days, and the swelling has by no means gone down...she's been coiled up alot, the exception being those pictures above...and she started going into shed earlier last week...thoughts and opinions???

Comment

She may just be developing a LOT of follicles and is having a pre-ov swell....a general swelling of much of her body. If you male is still interested in her, by all means leave him in with her. When she finally does ovulate for you.....you will know it. She will look like she just swallowed a football and is about to explode.

Good luck with that pairing, those babies are going to be very nice!!

Denny

Comment

I agree, most likely a preovulation swell, keep them together and wait for the actual ovulation.

Comment

alright, thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X