Oveulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oveulation

I was wanting to know what was the longest it has taken for the female to oveulat after introduceing the male? So far mine have been together for three months and six days and I haven't seen any swelling. Both have not had a meal the whole time. The male is still actively courting the female at this point. Witch still gives me hope. Just a side note last year this same pair was unsucessfull in breeding. Any advice is welcome. Thanks

Re: Oveulation

I suggest that you separate them, feed them, and put them back together. If the male is still courting and the female is receptive let em have at it!

After months of having not eaten though I think they might need some refueling!

Comment

Should I feed a normal size prey iteam? Or someting a bit smaller than normal?

Comment

the food item should be about half of what you usually would feed.

Originally posted by tatdaddy
        Should I feed a normal size prey iteam? Or someting a bit smaller than normal?

Comment

Ok here is an update on my Dubay's.

Sept.19 introduced Male
          Oct.30 copulation-- female in shed
          Nov.3 copulation
          Dec.1 lots of movement from femle--Male is courting verey heavy
          Dec.9 possible copulation
          Dec.14 male in shed
          Dec.20 male shed and went right back to courting
          Dec.31 fed both male and female
          Jan.1 put male back in with the female
          Jan.2 female going into shed
          Jan.2 female observed laying on her side
          Jan.4 female observed laying on side
          Jan.7 Copulation--female in shed
          Jan.11 female shed

This is what I have see up to this point in this breeding attempt. I am useing Mr Ronne's way of breeding except that I put the male in early. I still have hope that I will see an ovulation. However my hopes are getting broken down. It just seems like along time to have been together and with all this activety going on and no swelling of any kind. Well any who keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
          X