X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Lover
    replied
    Re:Breeding question

well xander eather way you go its gonna cost some change..not sure what 100% hets cost these days iam sure there not cheap

Leave a comment:

• ClayEnglish
    replied

Well the math is not in you favor that way.

To get albinos using hets, both parents must be 100% het for albino. They must have the albino gene.

If you are using a 66% possible het, then first of all there is a 2 out of 3 chance that the boa is actually het. So those odds are fairly good.

However, let's now say that the 66% boa is actually het. Then breeding that boa to a normal boa, would result in a litter of 50% possible hets, so your odds go way down.

If you could pair up several pairs of 66% possible hets, you increase your odds greatly.

Or better yet, purchase 100% hets from known breeders.

Leave a comment:

• sclark
    replied

Hi Xander,

You would have a better chance if you got another 66 het for albino.. Neither way would guarentee an albino, but would increase your odds..

Hope that helped..

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Xander
    started a topic Breeding question

Breeding question

I have always wanted an albino redtail but never wanted to pay the extreme amounts $1100-$1500. So i have decided it would be a lot cheaper to breed albino boas then buy one. I have bred my redtails many times without problems so i dont think this would be much diffrent. My only question is if i was to get a boa with 66% chance of albino do i breed him to a normal female or do i need to get another het for albino?
Working...
X