DH Snow X DH Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DH Snow X DH Snow

I was Wondering what my dh snow bred with my other dh snow will produce in all beside snow ,dh snow, albino, normal. i was told i could get other like very rare but a moon glow. See i am just getting in to the red tail. I only kept Emerald trees and Amazon tree boas

Re: DH Snow X DH Snow

In order to get a moonglow you'd have to introduce the hypo gene at some point. As-is you'd have the potential for snows, albinos, albinos het anery, anerys, anerys het albino, het albinos, het anerys, dh snows and normals.

Het. Albino, Het. Anery,
    x
    Het. Albino, Het. Anery,

6.25% WT
    12.5% Het. Anery,
    6.25% Homozygous Anery,
    12.5% Het. Albino,
    25% Het. Albino, Het. Anery,
    12.5% Het. Albino, Homozygous Anery,
    6.25% Homozygous Albino,
    12.5% Homozygous Albino, Het. Anery,
    6.25% Homozygous Albino, Homozygous Anery,

Comment

I dont know alot about the hypo gene how do you get hypo

Comment

Originally posted by albertaboas View Post
        I dont know alot about the hypo gene how do you get hypo
        The hypo gene is a dominant gene that reduces melanin, which is responsible for black pigment. Hypo is short for 'hypomelanistic,' also called 'salmon.' Dominant means that the offspring only need to receive the gene from one parent in order for it to show up. Contrast this with the albino gene, which is recessive. Unless the offspring receives an albino gene from each parent, it will look normal (but still carry the one albino gene it received).

So, first you would need to breed your two DH snows to get some snows.

You would then need a hypo to breed to (ideally) one of the snow offspring to produce (among other things) a hypo het for albino and het for anery. This is also known as a triple het moonglow.

Then, breed a triple het moonglow back to the snow parent and you might be lucky enough to get a moonglow or two.

Confused yet?

Comment

dangels pretty much covered it for moonglows you can breed say a snow to a ghost het albino or something like that ... both parents need the anrey and the albino gene and only one needs the hypo gene but if they both have the hypo gene you would get more moonglows ..... like dangles said counfused? cause i am lol gotta love genetics

as far as dh show x dh snow you would get snows anreys hypos dh snows and hets like chris said

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
            as far as dh show x dh snow you would get snows anreys hypos dh snows and hets like chris said
            No this isn't accurate as the hypo gene has not been introduced yet, that is the missing mutation is what was said. ALRIGHT NOW EVERYBODY BE COOL AND NO-ONE GETS HURT THIS IS A HIJACKING! Can I get Snows if cross my albino with a DH Snow?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat View Post
              Can I get Snows if cross my albino with a DH Snow?
              No your missing the Anery gene in the Albino. Anery's are recessive so both parents need that gene.

Comment

No this isn't accurate as the hypo gene has not been introduced yet, that is the missing mutation is what was said. ALRIGHT NOW EVERYBODY BE COOL AND NO-ONE GETS HURT THIS IS A HIJACKING! Can I get Snows if cross my albino with a DH Snow?
                No. Your albino would need to be het anery.

DON'T WORRY, GOOD CITIZENS. This hijacker has been put in his place!

Comment

Originally posted by Atrayu View Post
                  No your missing the Anery gene in the Albino. Anery's are recessive so both parents need that gene.
                  Stoopid over priced, ridiculously nervous, takin forever to make me somethin cool Albino.
                  Thankx Atrayu and Dangles, lol. So I need two DH Snows, now I have to convince the girlfriend...anyone know anything about hypnotism?
                  Last edited by Hunglikeafruitbat; 11-06-2009, 12:10 AM. Reason: It's personal.

Comment

crap didnt mean to put hypos thanks for yelling at me and like chris and steve said both parents the anrey gene i swear im right this time

Comment

Stoopid over priced, ridiculously nervous, takin forever to make me somethin cool Albino.
                      Thankx Atrayu and Dangles, lol. So I need two DH Snows, now I have to convince the girlfriend...anyone know anything about hypnotism?
                      Buy her something nice, some diamond earrings maybe. Take her to Red Lobster for dinner. The next day, when the Fedex man shows up with your DH snow, she won't be able to say anything. Of course, you just doubled the price of your snake but hey, some sacrifices need to be made sometimes.
                      http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

i thought to get a moongolw you cross a Anery with a sunglow to get hypo DH for Anery and Albino, then breed them back to get moonglow ?

Comment

Originally posted by asavet18 View Post
                          i thought to get a moongolw you cross a Anery with a sunglow to get hypo DH for Anery and Albino, then breed them back to get moonglow ?
                          If you bred two of the siblings together you could. There are several ways to get there... (hypo dh albino/anery is aka 'triple het moonglow')

Comment

if you want moonglows, get a dh snow, then get a triple het to go with it. a triple het is either a hypo het albino het anery, or a hypo anery (ghost) het albino. very small chance of getting a moonglow still, but one can always try lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X