RTB albino breeding question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTB albino breeding question

Does light play a big factor in boa breeding? I have never used lights for any snakes and was just wondering. Also Is RTB breeding a difficult task? I was watching a BHB video and brian can't seem to do it very well. I have a lot of breeding planned for my boas and I'm hoping its not going to be an extremely hard thing to do. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Re: RTB albino breeding question

Just about everything you'd need is in the Ultimate Care Guide. I think Chapter 5 is the breeding chapter, Jeff Ronne (The Boaphile) also has a very good video available from what I hear and he wrote the article in the care guide as well. To directly answer you question however, yes, according to Mr. Ronne light and food schedule manipulation as well as consitant temperature gradient is CRUCIAL in boa breeding. Brian Barczyk(?) can be forgiven for not be able to breed boas, he's got an average of 30,000 snakes in his building...me and you need to read the Care Guide though!? Besides pictures and new boas for themselves, it seems like breeding questions are the next favorite ting around here so just read the care guide and whatever other questions you may have will surely get answered.

Comment

Re: RTB albino breeding question

Light plays a factor in breeding boas, along with heat and seasonal changes. As breeding season approaches (Falltime) we are going into daylight savings time, this in turn gives us shorter days and longer nights. In my experience with breeding boas this is when I see the most activity.
      2nd Alarm Reptiles
      Pastels "R" Us
      http://2ndalarmreptiles.com

Viiper (Virginians Interested In Protecting Every Reptile)

Comment

Working...
      X