Couple questions...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple questions...?

Well first things first. I went to the Reptile Show at the DuPage County Fair Grounds in Illinois today and brought my RedTail "Dice" with me just for fun and people where asking me where i got my snake cause "... He is so pretty..." and "...So unique..." so i stopped to ask one of the Breeders/vendors why dose everyone think he is so unique and he said the it was because he has the markings of a Suriname but the color of a Columbian. So i asked around to some of the other Breeders and everyone keeps telling me the same thing that he is a crossbreed of a Suriname and a Columbian but what that breed is called is right on the tip of there tongue but they just cant remember it. So dose anyone know what this Crossbreed is called and what are there Breeding capacity if any; would there be any complications; what would be a good female to get to breed him with; ECT ???

I know these Pics are not the best but its what i got

Re: Couple questions...?

dose anyone have an answer for me should i try another board or what...?

Comment

I don't believe there is a certain name for that crossbreed, it would just be called 50% surinam, 50% columbian. However, the most obvious thing about suris is the peaked saddles, which your snake doesn't have. Maybe it's the pictures but IMO you just have a normal bci. As far as breeding, you can pair him up with whatever you want. I would suggest a dominant morph (jungle, hypo, motley) rather than a recessive (albino) because het babies are getting harder and harder to get rid of these days.
      http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

How about that I was at that show yesterday for awhile,.

Ok now to your question I have to agree with b3napoleon

to me it looks like a regular Colombian type Boa I see no signs
        of any type of Suri or Bcc cross.

The pictures kind of make it look dark like it could be Anery
        but I'm the tail has some color to it so it couldn't be an Anery Boa

One thing I did see at the show was a really
        beautiful colorful OT Sharp Sunglow Fem

Lar M
        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post

And you didn't call me? lol

Comment

thanx ... i will try to get some better pics for now though if u would like to see more pics i have a post on the picture gallery named My Buddy Dice

so i ill try to post some better pics later today so check back with me plus the pics i posted are a little out of date so time for some new ones anyway

yes i saw that to and she was very pretty

P.S. mind u this is my first boa so im still learning the patterns and colors and morphs so thanks for your continued help it is very appreciated.

Comment

Post continued at : So...What do you think???

Comment

Working...
              X