Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions from you with a more experienced eye.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions from you with a more experienced eye.

I had to clean my salmon girls cage today. They had made a mess of it. I have had my inferno male in with her for the last 8 weeks. He has for the most part stopped showing interest in her but does not act like hes trying to escape the cage. He is just not on her very much at all but he is also going through a shed. I have not noticed any evident swelling in her but today when I put her in the tub I use while cleaning her cage I noticed this. In your opinion does she look to be swollen in the back half? She has not eaten in about 3 weeks and then it was a medium rat.

Thanks for any opinions.

Re: Opinions from you with a more experienced eye.

She looks swollen to me. How much courting have you noticed from the male? Also, how old is the male? If he has been in there for 8 weeks, he should've gotten the job done unless he's just a bit on the young side. I would wait until he's done shedding and see if you notice any more activity from him.
    http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

She looks like she is developing folicles but it might be small baby bump.
      Let the male shed and see how he acts after that.
      I notice some of my males will loose interest during shed phase
      but then will regain interest after sdhedding

Lar M
      Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by b3napoleon View Post
        She looks swollen to me. How much courting have you noticed from the male? Also, how old is the male? If he has been in there for 8 weeks, he should've gotten the job done unless he's just a bit on the young side. I would wait until he's done shedding and see if you notice any more activity from him.

He is a young male about 19 months old now. There was alot of courting almost constant up until a week ago. I have witnessed a few copulations. Im not taking him out until atleast a week after his shed if he still has no interest in her.

Comment

Well he has shed and still has nothing to do with her. Today I noticed she was up against the side wall and as rigid as can be. I took a couple pics of her the swelling is huge today. It is kind of hard to see in the pics but is very pronounced in person. I'm hoping everything goes good. Her attitude has completely changed also. She is usually right next to the door of her cage and always wanting to eat. She is now in the back and has no interest in food at all right now.

Here are the pics I took this morning.

Fingers crossed for some Inferno line pastel salmons.

Comment

looks like swelling to me those are gonna be some gorgeous babies if its successful

Comment

Congrats bro... can't wait to see the babies!
              "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

I hope it is what it looks like it is because those two will make some WICKED babies!!

There is another HypoXPastel breeding from another member that I'm following as well.

It looks like next year is going to be a good year for both of ya!

Comment

Looking positive there Chris! Fingers crossed for you for some gorgeous babies.
                  http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

That would be AWESOME chris if she is pregos!
                    Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Working...
                    X