Dilemma?? need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma?? need help

Ok so here is the deal the jungles i was getting i can only get one heres the link to remind yall

http://www.redtailboas.com/forum/pic...ew-boas-d.html

so they are both salmon jungles 66% het bino they will be put into breeding projects

here is what i have

1.0 Suri
    1.0 Albino het anrey
    1.0 hypo poss het albino
    0.1 Salmon 1/8th suri 66% het bino
    0.1 ghost 66% het albino
    0.1 coulmbian x guyana
    0.1 pastel

in my opioion i should get the female because i have the male albino to prove her out so what do you guys think is the best route to go?

Re: Dilemma?? need help

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
    Ok so here is the deal the jungles i was getting i can only get one heres the link to remind yall

http://www.redtailboas.com/forum/pic...ew-boas-d.html

so they are both salmon jungles 66% het bino they will be put into breeding projects

here is what i have

1.0 Suri
    1.0 Albino het anrey
    1.0 hypo poss het albino
    0.1 Salmon 1/8th suri 66% het bino
    0.1 ghost 66% het albino
    0.1 coulmbian x guyana
    0.1 pastel

in my opioion i should get the female because i have the male albino to prove her out so what do you guys think is the best route to go?
    Have you checked for a marker on any of the poss hets?

Yeah, with what you have at least you would know when you bred it to the bino.

Comment

I personally think anything in jungle is gorgous albino jungles wow.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
        Have you checked for a marker on any of the poss hets?

Yeah, with what you have at least you would know when you bred it to the bino.
        whats the markers Mike?

Originally posted by ron petri View Post
        I personally think anything in jungle is gorgous albino jungles wow.
        also since they jungles are salmon (hypo) i could get some sunglow jungles

Comment

The main marker is the eyes. Het albinos look like they have a little lightbulb inside their eyes. It's difficult to tell when you're looking at a single baby. However, I can look at an entire litter of poss het albinos and with about 90% accuracy tell which ones are het and which ones aren't. It will mostly show up in the top half of the eye, the hets will be much brighter than the non hets.
          http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

Originally posted by b3napoleon View Post
            The main marker is the eyes. Het albinos look like they have a little lightbulb inside their eyes. It's difficult to tell when you're looking at a single baby. However, I can look at an entire litter of poss het albinos and with about 90% accuracy tell which ones are het and which ones aren't. It will mostly show up in the top half of the eye, the hets will be much brighter than the non hets.
            So looking at those 2 boas what one would you say is het albino?

Comment

It's hard to do without looking at the whole litter and picking out the het markers among them. Also, it needs to be done as babies because as they mature it gets more difficult to see.

Comment

Personally I would go withthe male Jungle. I love his color - esp on his tail. And his freckles are awesome. I usually don't like a lot on a boa, but he really sings!

I'm not a breeder, so take this for what it's worth, but I think you could have some great color possibilities with the male and your lot of females.

The female has that great chain link pattern and could produce nicely with the 'bino male, but my gut would go with the male. ...IMO

Comment

Well I'm thinking you have a male Albino ,he'll pair up
                  with the Fem Jungle PH Albino

Looking at the pictuires provided you can't see the fems eyes
                  but the male looks like he could have the marker to me

Lar M
                  Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

The OTHER big question is "How SOON were you looking into breeding the pair?" If you go with the male you can obviously be in the project after 18 months BUT if you go with the female...you WILL be waiting a while on her! I love both of them and would not be able to tell you which one to get, but from the looks of both of them, looks like they will BOTH make some really nice bambinos!
                    Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                      Well I'm thinking you have a male Albino ,he'll pair up
                      with the Fem Jungle PH Albino

Looking at the pictuires provided you can't see the fems eyes
                      but the male looks like he could have the marker to me
                      Thanks
                      and ya thats the reason i would get the female because i wont be buying any new boas for a while so i dont want to have to wait to buy a female bino and then wait more for her to mature to pair with the male

Originally posted by BigPaPaErnest View Post
                      The OTHER big question is "How SOON were you looking into breeding the pair?" If you go with the male you can obviously be in the project after 18 months BUT if you go with the female...you WILL be waiting a while on her! I love both of them and would not be able to tell you which one to get, but from the looks of both of them, looks like they will BOTH make some really nice bambinos!
                      thanks E

either way it would be a while the albino male is a mid 09 the only one that would be ready is pastel female and in 2 1/2 yrs my salmon female will be ready

Comment

have you looked around for an adult female, or subadult? there are tons and TONS of really nice boas up for sale right now, you just gotta look around. that would be another thing to think about, you could get into a project alot sooner, it would be worth the extra money IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by satyra View Post
                          have you looked around for an adult female, or subadult? there are tons and TONS of really nice boas up for sale right now, you just gotta look around. that would be another thing to think about, you could get into a project alot sooner, it would be worth the extra money IMO.
                          ya i no i'm cant get another boa right now have other stuff going on or i would love to

Comment

Working...
                          X