first breeding attempt!!! what should i breed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first breeding attempt!!! what should i breed

ok title say's it all...Ive been keeping boas and pythons for years...but i have never attempted to breed...Something cheep that I can learn from lets say in the 1500.00 range for a pair...but still a marketable morph...I don't want to make a living just help pay for them self's and to assist in the purchasing of some nice quality...morphs...

and as I develop my skills maybe move on to bigger and better projects...all input is appreciated .

Re: first breeding attempt!!! what should i breed

All depends...what price range are we talking?

Comment

I don't understand this question, if you breed a cheap morph, you get cheap babies and they aren't very marketable. If you want something that will sell for decent money in the first breeding you need to start with a fairly pricey Dominant type morph IMO. Since you aren't an established breeder I would suggest buying breeding stock from a well known breeder who already has a reputation for quality. The two admins of this site are both very successful and internationally known and respected breeders with many different lines credited to them. The point is, the more you put in the more you get out and hets produced by someone whos never bred before are not worth much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat View Post
        I don't understand this question, if you breed a cheap morph, you get cheap babies and they aren't very marketable. If you want something that will sell for decent money in the first breeding you need to start with a fairly pricey Dominant type morph IMO. Since you aren't an established breeder I would suggest buying breeding stock from a well known breeder who already has a reputation for quality. The two admins of this site are both very successful and internationally known and respected breeders with many different lines credited to them. The point is, the more you put in the more you get out and hets produced by someone whos never bred before are not worth much at all.

your right "HUNGLIKEAFRUITBAT".....i should have specified a little better...
        lets say 1000.00 to 1500.00 range...(pair)....

Comment

I have seen this question asked many times and the best answer is this. Get what you like since you may end up with alot of babies for a ling time. Go with your gut. If you have money to spend, spend it on quality and with great breeders. There are sooooo many options. You can makes, patels, hypos, albinos, sunglows, paradigms, bw caramels, vpi T + boas etc. The list is long and it boils down to what you like. If you are like most of us, you will not have just one anyway so get them all. lol

I for one like the color red and pink alot. I mean alot!!!! This is why I got a high pink pastel baby. I also must have a t+ boa in the future. Now I can go with a BW caramel that would compliment my sharp sunglow or go with a T+ line that does not like the prodigy, Pink panther VPI etc lines.

Get what you like cause in the long run, we are all trying to play catch up anyway to the top breeders. Remember they have hundreds if not thousands of snakes so their combos are limitless.

Get what you like. Did I say that a few times. Get what you like. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jgonzalez305 View Post
            your right "HUNGLIKEAFRUITBAT".....i should have specified a little better...
            lets say 1000.00 to 1500.00 range...(pair)....

My sharp sunglow that you like was 1100.00 and I got him from Class Reptilia. He has siblings so contact them and talk to Kyle. Tell him I sent you. You can also seach on kingsnake classified for class reptilia and there a lots of pictures on there. Check out West Coast Constrictors and talk to Jeff Carr. He has lots of beautiful pastels and you can get a pair with the money you want to spend. Jeff at the boaphile has some beautiful boas. Basically boa's has some great animals. Salmonboa.com is another and so is Burke reptiles. Lar from this site has some amazing animals and I would recommend him with out a doubt. His screen name is Boa Amarali. I for one think my next boa will be from him for sure.

Stuff that is new would be bloods but those are in the 2500.00 range, paradigms are in the 3000.00 range and t+ stuff is also way up there.

Let me know and I will help you. I know I recieved lots of help from Lar on this site so I can help another herper out as well.

Comment

Get a Motley het for albino and 100% het albino.

Mat.

Comment

Working...
              X