Gravid boas temp feel to 50 due to poweroutage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravid boas temp feel to 50 due to poweroutage

The rain last last caused a short and the 4 gravid boas i keep in my garage lost their heat for a few hours.Has anyone experienced ill effects due to temp drop on gravid boas 1 month into gestation, thanks in advance.

Re: Gravid boas temp feel to 50 due to poweroutage

Originally posted by kushfeind View Post
    The rain last last caused a short and the 4 gravid boas i keep in my garage lost their heat for a few hours.Has anyone experienced ill effects due to temp drop on gravid boas 1 month into gestation, thanks in advance.
    A temperature drop to 50 degrees isn't good for a non-gravid boa, so I don't know what it would do to a gravid boa.

If you got the temps back up as soon as you could, they "should" be fine. Unfortunately, you won't know for sure until they give birth. All you can do is wait and watch. Hopefully, things will turn out alright.

Comment

The outside temp was 50 ,i checked the ambient cage temp and it had gont to 68 ,i quickly reconnected and rain proofed everthing to get my ambient back up to 85. Just wanted to here about other breeders experience with such a case.

Comment

Originally posted by kushfeind View Post
        The outside temp was 50 ,i checked the ambient cage temp and it had gont to 68 ,i quickly reconnected and rain proofed everthing to get my ambient back up to 85. Just wanted to here about other breeders experience with such a case.
        I keep my gravid girls with a warm end of 94 degrees. The cool end is between 80 to 82 degrees. During gestation, my females hang out on the warm end, so 85 degrees might not be warm enough for gestating females.

Their body temp, during gestation, should stay between 86 and 88 degrees. Sometimes they'll drop to 84, but most of the time they need to be at 86 to 88 for proper development of the babies.

Anyway, try to keep them warm.

I hope they have nice litters for you.

Comment

Thanks for your help Linda ,i got sunglows, albinos,dh ghosts,dh snows among others from two of the females last year, i have albino, sunglow, motley,pastel and high red females gravid this season, i check their temps 3 times/week and they are at 88. I had to keep their 6 ft cages outside due to my new house having a gargae full of boxes. Im sure they will be fine ,i just now purchased a fetal doppler that you had advertised on one of your posts. I cant wait to use it on my fat girls.

Comment

Wow same day that some of my gravid boas almost freeze i peaked into the cage where my two new Argentine x Columbians 100% het albino complimaints of Jordan Russell from Costa Mesa and found them getting it on ,cant wait to see more albinos for 2010.

Comment

Working...
            X