Is this boa gravid???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this boa gravid???

Hi, well two days ago somme of my friends rescue this boa from a rural comunity, the comunity pay for kill this boa but somme of my friends save before and send to me. Lookin more the boa i see that maybe she is probably gravid but im not shure. You are more experts, can you say something of this boa??

Thanks

P.D. the shoe is 10.5 only for the reference

Re: Is this boa gravid???

Doesn't look gravid , but was it a wild Boa they intened to Kill ?

Lar M
    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Yes is a wild boa that was rescued from the death. I'm a breeder and keeper of boas in mexico, i have UMA (Unity of managmen of wild life) and i breed and release the new borns. I make a litle of conservation in my country with mexican boa, but with morps i sostend the breddings and the food

Comment

Originally posted by Ilamacoatl View Post
        Yes is a wild boa that was rescued from the death. I'm a breeder and keeper of boas in mexico, i have UMA (Unity of managmen of wild life) and i breed and release the new borns. I make a litle of conservation in my country with mexican boa, but with morps i sostend the breddings and the food

Is it rather common for Mexican Countrymen to be hostile towards wild populations of Boas ?

People probably don't understand that wild Boas are very good for the environment .
        They feed on rodent populations which is never a bad thing !

I commend you in your Boa conservation endeavors !!

What a great wonderful thing to do !!!

Lar M
        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Its so common the hostility, the mexican in the city, in the country, in the power jaja, fear so much this snakes, its one rarely explication for this The religion catolica... the bible say that the devil was a snake in a tree, with red apples

Its hard work to make the comunities not kill the snakes, but if they release some baby they take care of the baby boas and when they see a boa again they say "look, i release this boa" with pride

Comment

Its so common the hostility, the mexican in the city, in the country, in the power jaja, fear so much this snakes, its one rarely explication for this The religion catolica... the bible say that the devil was a snake in a tree, with red apples

Its hard work to make the comunities not kill the snakes, but if they release some baby they take care of the baby boas and when they see a boa again they say "look, i release this boa" with pride

Yes sounds like alot of work to do but sounds like you have already done
            quite a bit of work down there.

I'm Catholic but the story Adam & Eve from the Bible does very little good for snakes.

People need to be retaught or re educated as you are doing !

Lar M
            Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I'm biologist and i love de ambiental education and my other job is the boa care. Its a hard work but some one needs to doing jejeje

Comment

Very nice boa, he doesn't look happy to see you. Great thing you have done by saving him. I'd say no to being gravid.

Comment

Remember my friends that the BCI locality México does not is so robust like colombian boa, is another way to know if she is or no gravid, one of my friends told me that maybe if i take the boa from the tail and lift, maybe the babies make a ball in somewhere in the last third.

It is that true?

Comment

Remember my friends that the BCI locality México does not is so robust like colombian boa, is another way to know if she is or no gravid, one of my friends told me that maybe if i take the boa from the tail and lift, maybe the babies make a ball in somewhere in the last third.

It is that true?

That doesn't sound like a smart option could detrimental to the Boas health

What you can do is get a Baby Fetal Heart Monitor

Here are a couple threads that talk about Doppler fetal Heart Monitor

Fetal Dopplers. Where the idea came from - Click Here

Reptiles Magazine Annual 2010 - Click Here

one more

Hey Jeff can you help us - Click Here

Lar M
                    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Ok, thanks for the answer and the themes, i already opend to see but i wanna confess that maybe here no one wanna use a fetal hear monitor in this boa if maybe later gonna used in humans jajajajajajajaja it is for this mexican culture

Comment

Ok, thanks for the answer and the themes, i already opend to see but i wanna confess that maybe here no one wanna use a fetal hear monitor in this boa if maybe later gonna used in humans jajajajajajajaja it is for this mexican culture

Ha HA HA , Yes after using it for Boas , it will be only for Boas there after , ha ,ha ,ha

Lar M
                        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

i see the boa has been trained to smile pretty for pics hehehe e

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                            Ha HA HA , Yes after using it for Boas , it will be only for Boas there after , ha ,ha ,ha
                            jajaja, its like you say, if i make a radiography maybe can se some one?

Originally posted by satyra View Post
                            i see the boa has been trained to smile pretty for pics hehehe e
                            This boa likes to show her teeth and eat humans, specificaly cowboys jeje

Comment

Working...
                            X