what do you think??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think??

I have a female that's about 6'+ and last week I picked up a 5'+ male. I picked him up to breed with the female, so how long should I wait to introduce him to her?? Should I feed them first or would that not be a good idea?? This would be my first time, so I want to do it right. I got him from someone who is well trusted on this site, and says its really healthy. It just did a complete shed for me, and I checked it for mites. Everything looks good on him. What do you think?? And feel free to be hard if introducing right away is a bad idea even if its from a trusted person. I don't take things personal. Like I said, it's my first time attempting to breed, so I want to do it right. Thanks for your help.
    Will

Re: what do you think??

Let the male whit the female for three weeks or more, if the male is intersting in the female quickly you gonna see but if not, in two days yo gonna know, just take out the male

Comment

Many people feel that it is acceptable to skip the quarantine practices if they purchase from a reputable breeder, thus being able to succesfully take shortcuts with minimal negative effects -- I am guilty of it too . Unfortunatly , there is no shortcut for the acclimation period, and that should be considered equally important (if not more-so) as quarantine. Yes, there are success stories out there, but if your willing to risk your new Boas acclimation time , and the possible health of your long-term Boa by skipping quarantine, then their is no advice to give .

IMO , shoot for a possible late breeding , or preferrably wait until next season . You should at least know that your new Boa is willing to eat for you after the shipment . Adult Boas aren't as easy to adjust to new environments . I personally have had more problems when buying adult Boas, than any other part of the hobby. I try to only buy babies or sub-adults (2 yrs or less) from now on.

Comment

I agree,you should quarantine no matter where a snake comes from,I would do that and make sure he is eating good and everything is right before introducing them together.....when that time comes,I wish you the best,good luck breeding......Mike

Comment

QT it is then. That's what I thought, but I was hoping to start soon. But, I do not want to risk anything. Do you think april or may would be too late for breeding?? If so then I will wait. Thanks for your advise.
          Will

Comment

Working...
          X