Broken Spurs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Spurs?

I work at a pet store on the weekends, on the side from being a vet assistant, and I noticed that our big female Ball Python has a spur, completely gone from the surface. I can feel where it would be coming out of and it is hard, as if the spur just broke off, but isnt completely gone. Now, I had a Albi Male Ball Python and he had a similar problem, but a little bit of his spur still showed, it was just broken off...and it always concerned me.
    I guess what I am asking is if this affects them in anyways, especially breeding? Just thought I would ask, because I have never read anything about broken spurs, and I know the spurs are important for breeding and whatnot.

Here's the Albi with my snake-obsessed cat

Thanks in advance for any and all comments!

Re: Broken Spurs?

Well ive never heard of taht. It had to be painful to the snake when it happened unless it was born like that. BTW beautiful kid, and weird cat!

Comment

Re: Broken Spurs?

Just my opinion but unless there is some infection, don't worry the only use the spurs to walk around the cage at night when your not looking.lol they are not necessary for breeding.

Comment

Working...
      X