Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Babies......litter not so great!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Babies......litter not so great!!!!

My female that i was unsure of just had a litter of 8 or 9 slugs and 7 premature babies..... more to follow.....

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the rest.

Comment

Re: More Babies......litter not so great!!!!

Bummer that stinks, it always seems when the slug to baby ratio is 50% or worse they drop early.

Lar M
      Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

im sorry hopefully some of those premies make it.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Sorry to hear , hope the mom is ok

Comment

im sorry hun

Comment

Well the end result was 5 live premies and 2 stillborn, 10 slugs. One thing though that is interesting, all the babies looked anery. I dont know the genetics of mom and dad, they were both given to us from friends that also didnt know. but there is no red coloring at all.....ill get pictures another time. im bummed out. But i still have one more gravid mom to go, but shes not due for a little while. Hopefully that litter will be better.

Shout out to Eddie(Snake77), we are still somewhat in the same boat my friend

Comment

Originally posted by niko1 View Post
                  Well the end result was 5 live premies and 2 stillborn, 10 slugs. One thing though that is interesting, all the babies looked anery. I dont know the genetics of mom and dad, they were both given to us from friends that also didnt know. but there is no red coloring at all.....ill get pictures another time. im bummed out. But i still have one more gravid mom to go, but shes not due for a little while. Hopefully that litter will be better.

Shout out to Eddie(Snake77), we are still somewhat in the same boat my friend

I think I remember Jeff saying that the babies look like that when they are premie because they dont get color until right before birth. A few months back somebody else posted I believe a half slug half baby, maybe twins? that looked anery and also a still born premie that looked anery also. Im not sure, just going off late night memory.

Comment

So sorry to hear about the litter. Fingers crossed for the preemies...
                    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Man that totally stinks. I'm sorry.

I was so excited to breed this year nov 1st. if everything was a go (It'll be my first litter). But after this local girl stuff and all the premature babies going around I must say it's scareing the crap out of me a little..

Comment

Sorry to hear the news. I hope the premature babies make it.

Keep your chin up. You've got another litter in the works that could be stellar. Good luck.

Comment

Sorry for the crappy liitter
                          hope the premies make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spo0led View Post
                            I think I remember Jeff saying that the babies look like that when they are premie because they dont get color until right before birth.
                            This is correct. Preemies will have a purplish/anery look to them. If they survive, the color will eventually come in.

Good luck with them!

Comment

Dude, I am sorry to hear this. I hope momma and the babies make it.

-Sean in NoCal
                              “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
                              -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Working...
                              X