Gravid Red Tail Boa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravid Red Tail Boa

Hello! I recently got my female from a reptile specific pet store. They told me that she had just shed, and just ate a large rat. I took her home, after a week, she pooped. The upcoming week I tried feeding her a medium prekilled rat. She refused it, and this continued on for another two weeks. I brought her into another reptile shop to ask about the feeding....there was a local red tail boa breeder.

He asked me why I was carrying her around when she's gravid. I didn't understand what he was saying because I didn't think she was. But him and also the owner of the other reptile store said that she looks like it. She just shed two days ago, and now she's very moody (aka doesn't want to be disturbed). I'm not sure if she is or not :/

Re: Gravid Red Tail Boa

Was she in with a male at any point?What are your temps and humidity?

Comment

Originally posted by jere000 View Post
      Was she in with a male at any point?What are your temps and humidity?
      I have no idea, honestly. I bought her about a month ago, I brought her into another reptile shop and a breeder and the owner both thought I was crazy for bringing her in because they thought she was gravid. Her temperature is a constant 84, and I'm not exactly sure about humidity.

Comment

I really can't tell you if she is gravid or not from a pic without having a "before pic" to reference to. She is awfully thick though. I would make sure you keep her body temp between 88-90 F and in the meantime prepare for upwards of 30 babies to house and feed when/if she does deliver. If you aren't ready to do that, make sure can get her to someone who can. I would also wait another 3 weeks before offering her any meals and then when you do, offer only a small/medium rat. Good Luck.

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

Originally posted by tsblair View Post
          I really can't tell you if she is gravid or not from a pic without having a "before pic" to reference to. She is awfully thick though. I would make sure you keep her body temp between 88-90 F and in the meantime prepare for upwards of 30 babies to house and feed when/if she does deliver. If you aren't ready to do that, make sure can get her to someone who can. I would also wait another 3 weeks before offering her any meals and then when you do, offer only a small/medium rat. Good Luck.
          Okay! Sadly, I don't have a before pic because she was still gaining weight when she wasn't taking food. I'll definitely bump up the temperature though!

Comment

Working...
          X