Questions with albinos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions with albinos.

My goal is to breed my albino boa. She is suspected kahl. Would it matter if she was bred to a different albino line?
    I want to produce albino babies

Re: Questions with albinos.

From my understanding, and I am FAR from an expert (but I have done loads of research), two visual albinos should not be bred due to the higher probability of birth defects. Although I have heard of some successful litters, many believe that you should find an animal that is HET for albino for the best results.

Comment

If you got her as an "albino", chances are overwhelmingly in favor of her being Kahl line. Sharps carry a bit of a premium (maybe not as much as they used to), but the seller will almost always make the distinction. The only way to know for sure is either to contact the breeder or to breed her and prove it out.

If you breed two albinos from different strains, you will not get visual babies.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by natieb View Post
        If you got her as an "albino", chances are overwhelmingly in favor of her being Kahl line. Sharps carry a bit of a premium (maybe not as much as they used to), but the seller will almost always make the distinction. The only way to know for sure is either to contact the breeder or to breed her and prove it out.

If you breed two albinos from different strains, you will not get visual babies.
        So look for a het kahl?

Comment

From my understanding, and I am FAR from an expert (but I have done loads of research), two visual albinos should not be bred due to the higher probability of birth defects
          This has been done many times with great results. On the same topic , unrelated hets have been bred many times with horrible result ( kinks / bad eyes) . It's just a possible problem with breeding Albino gene'd animals - hets, and visuals. Sometimes yo will get good litters , sometimes you wont. Be sure to breed to the same line though .

Comment

Working...
          X