Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time Female Arab Breeding Success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShadowAceD
    replied
    Re: First Time Female Arab Breeding Success?

Originally posted by Morgans Boas View Post
    So why do you ask Diem ? Do you have a gravid girl, or are you looking at a possible purchase ?
    Hey David, thank you for your response.

I have a 2010 Anery Arabesque female that is 5.5 years old this year. She is about 5.5 feet, 11lbs and incredibly solid. Obviously I purchased her back in 2010 with the intention of breeding her, but the Arab horror stories always persist and it makes me nervous as I have become quite attached to the animal. She is very calm and gentle.

After speaking with people over at Reptile Insider and seeing your response, I think I am going to give it another year or two, let her gain some more size and age and if I attempt breeding her it will be at 6.5 or 7.5 years. Star compared treating Arabs to how one treats BCCs and I think that's a fair analogy. The attached image is here from back in December.

Thanks again, David.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Morgans Boas
    replied

So why do you ask Diem ? Do you have a gravid girl, or are you looking at a possible purchase ?

Leave a comment:

• Morgans Boas
    replied

I wish that I could help, but I had a female Arabesque breeding fail . . . Slugs , then death. I've been told that they are definitely breedable, but the key is to grow them slower than normal , taking an extra year or two to be of good size. Dan Brown has had success with female Arabs. I've had a couple of his babies. I do love a nice Arabesque Boa.

Leave a comment:

• zamora
    replied

I can't answer your question but I posted here because I want to follow this as I have a female Arab also that will be of breeding age in a couple more seasons.

Leave a comment:

• ShadowAceD
    started a topic First Time Female Arab Breeding Success?

First Time Female Arab Breeding Success?

Does anyone really know the success rates in first time breeding for Arab females?

Anyone with experience on having a first time Arab female producing a viable litter with a low slug ratio?
Working...
X