Sweet litter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet litter

Well I woke up today and smelled something funky checked out big evil and she finally popped.I got over 20 babies I'm guessing not even gonna try to count them until they shed and get separated.I got some awesome full striped ones one is definitely het leopard and a jungle :biggrin::biggrin:.I see a few hold backs for sure and there was only one slug!anyways pictures for all

Most likely a hold back jungle Het leopard

This little one crawled right up to me so I figured I'd pull her out.

Definite hypo jungle really doubt shes het leopard she looks good though.

After they shed comes the hard part.....sexing I'm so scared I'll crush one

Re: Sweet litter

I guess you woke up to a beautiful litter. Look well over 20 tho LOL... If you going to sex them, I would probably just use a probe. Because I feel that popping snakes can harm them. But I have seen people that have done it. I myself just think it's a little dangerous for the snake, especially as a new born.. But congrats on the litter. The clean is always the fun part LOL..
    sigpicJrock23

Comment

Congrats on the awesome litter. That'll make your day!

Comment

Congrats on the nice litter!
        "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Super sweet litter! Congratulations and have fun with them. I just adore new babies!
          http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Fun stuff. What were the parents?
            sigpic

Comment

Cool litter!

Comment

Thanks guys, can't wait til they shed so I can mess with them.The sire is hypo Het. leopard and dam is an 06 jungle Het. albino.She tends to throw striped and chain link babies very cool.You can damage the babies by probing them as well.I feel like I may just pay someone else to do it haha.two litttle ones I found today.

Comment

Awesome litter nice job..

Comment

Congratulations they all look very healthy and I love the jungles.

How to sex your babies.

I had a friend show me a very easy way to sex babies and it wont hurt them. With one hand hold there tail with a firm grip right above the vent with the bottom of the boas body upright. Just like you would do if you where going to probe them. Then with your other hand pinch the tail firmly but not hard with your thumb and forefinger at the vent and slide your fingers down the tail. Do this gently and slow as you don’t want to stretch or brake the backbone. Your thumb will be on the belly side and your forefinger will be on the backbone. Sometimes it’s easier to use your thumb nail instead of your thumb when doing this. As you are sliding your fingers down you will feel the two hemipenis slid under your thumb. It’s like two BBS rolling under your thumb. It take a few time to figure it out but once you know how to do it it’s very easy. You also have to slid your thumb down farther that you think you should. Most of the time it’s 1/2 to 2 /3 of the tails length you have to slid down. So if you feel two bumps then it’s a male and no bumps it’s a female. I still check all females a few time just to be sure males are a no brainer now. LOL

Take care
                    Tom

Comment

But don't "thump" your snake! Use you "thumbs"...lol!

Comment

Nice looking litter mate!

Comment

Congrats!!! I see some keepers in there.

Star

Intelligence is not how much you know, but knowing how to put the knowledge you have to use!

Comment

Originally posted by Noelle7206 View Post
                            But don't "thump" your snake! Use you "thumbs"...lol!
                            All fixed now. LOL http://www.mccarthyboas.com/wavs/doh.wav

Comment

Hey Tom, your link sound like Homer Simpson LOL
                              sigpicJrock23

Comment

Working...
                              X