X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Litter #2: Sugar X Schneller's Redline

Dam:

Sire:

Sugar Pastel X Schneller's Redline (Sugar Redlines)

Born 25 May 2015

23 Live
    1 Kinked Cull
    1 Stillborn
    5 Slugs

I came into this litter being born around 11:30 am. As I was looking through the babies already born, the dam was pushing out an additional baby that was already broken from its sac but was taking in breaths so I was not concerned.

However, over five minutes later I realized the baby was still not coming out the rest of the way despite the mother pushing so I grabbed into the baby and pulled it from the birth canal during another attempt. When I removed the baby I realized it was alive but horribly kinked and, as a result, had lodged itself in the birth canal.

It was then I realized other babies had gotten stuck behind the kinked baby and they were coming out broken from their sacs and not breathing.

I was able to revive most of these babies, but they are weak and may not make it, however, had I not been there, things could have gone worse.

The dam was able to push out two more babies with their sacs intact and a final slug which completed the birthing process.

The dam and the majority of the litter are doing well, but the five or six who had been trapped behind the deformed baby are not out of the woods yet.

For a first time mother I am mostly pleased with the outcome.

No, you cannot have the striped baby. Lol

The kinked baby that was stuck in the birth canal and subsequently culled.

Enjoy.

Re: 2015 Litter #2: Sugar X Schneller's Redline

Congrats on the litter! Hope they all pull through!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowAceD View Post
      No, you cannot have the striped baby. Lol
      You know! Congrats on the litter. Glad you was there to help out.

Comment

Beautiful babies! Glad you were there to help the mom out, hope the ones that came out last make it. That striped baby looks amazing! Does either line have a history of producing striped babies like that?
        “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” -DA
        www.outworldreptiles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod42 View Post
          Beautiful babies! Glad you were there to help the mom out, hope the ones that came out last make it. That striped baby looks amazing? Does either line have a history of producing striped babies like that?
          Sugars do.

Some of the other Schneller stuff does as well. It's impossible to say who was responsible.

Comment

I'm so glad you were there to help out and I hope the others pull through for you. I see some really interesting stuff in that pile, congratulations!
            http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Congrats on the litter & I hope all the beautiful babies are doing well
              sigpicJrock23

Comment

No one has been lost through the first night.

These are the two weakest of the group that came out behind the kinked baby, they also appear to be a bit premature, I am assuming this is because of one of two factors, or both; they are babies that came from ova dropped a bit later than the rest and then fertilized or they are a set of twins. I have no way of knowing for sure they are twins, but they came out in a tangled mess together with their cords already separated and their sacs ruptured.

They weigh 32 grams and 36 grams respectively to their placement in the photo.

They are burying themselves in the moss now and resisting my touch where before they were limp, mostly listless, noodles. They are not, however, flicking their tongues so they are no where near out of the woods yet.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice litter! Hope those babies pull through.

Comment

Those are really neat looking.

Comment

All of em are awesome.

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles with the litter, Diem, but congrats on an otherwise great litter!

I hope everything works out with those currently considered to be weaklings.
                        "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X