• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ispitroseas
    replied
    Re: Breeding size

Originally posted by bebowebb View Post
    [MENTION=8640]tsblair[/MENTION] is spot on with that 18-24 month target age.

If the size difference is still that significant at 18 months, wait for the 24 month time frame and reevaluate. You might decide that the size difference is still so significant at the 24 month mark that you decide to hold off a little longer just to allow your male to gain a little more size. Not that smaller males can't get the job done, but you do not want to jeopardize the safety of your male if he should be too small when the time comes.
    Yeah I'd hate for her to crush her. She's a big girl

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bebowebb
    replied

[MENTION=8640]tsblair[/MENTION] is spot on with that 18-24 month target age.

If the size difference is still that significant at 18 months, wait for the 24 month time frame and reevaluate. You might decide that the size difference is still so significant at the 24 month mark that you decide to hold off a little longer just to allow your male to gain a little more size. Not that smaller males can't get the job done, but you do not want to jeopardize the safety of your male if he should be too small when the time comes.

Leave a comment:

• Jrock23
    replied

Even tho he is interested in her, I agree with tsblair. At least you know that there is interest. That's always a good sign.

Leave a comment:

• ispitroseas
    replied

I'll probably wait for the two year mark. But he already seems interested in her when she's out. Coincidence maybe

Leave a comment:

• tsblair
    replied

Wait until he's 18 months to a 2 years old.

Leave a comment:

• ispitroseas
    started a topic Breeding size

Breeding size

I have a year old het kahl albino that I really want to breed to my five year old kahl. The problem is he (the het) is very tiny compared to her. I have heard of boa's being sexually mature at 14 months, but I think that is way to small for my female. At what size should I attempt to breed them. She's almost 6', he's between 2' and 3'
Working...
X