To feed or not to feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To feed or not to feed

Hi I am looking for some advice. I have had my boas paired together 4 or 5 weeks after 2 weeks I gave them a small feed. I have been advised not to feed the boas I have read it's ok not to feed them if they were well feed before pairing they were feed every 14 days before being paired. If I do feed I am worried I remove the male at the wrong time. So the advice I am looking for is do I feed the males and females any advice would be most welcome thank you

Re: To feed or not to feed

After my snakes last meals I wait until they both defecate before I put them together (about 2 weeks). This way they don't do it in the cage and make a mess of the cage and themselves and I have to leave it in there for several months because I don't want to disturb them. I have a pair going now that are at 76 days with out feeding. Unless there is no breeding activity for a few days I don't separate them, they will be fine for several months without food. Some will say if you see them separated then pull the male out and offer each of them a small meal then put them back together as soon as the feeding response goes away and you can safely get the male back into the females enclosure. Everyone has there own ways of doing it so there will be several different answers to your question. So my answer would be no, do not feed. 1-There more active when your not feeding them 2-they can go several months without feeding and 3-you don't want to have them separated at the wrong time.

Good Luck

Todd

Comment

Re: To feed or not to feed

Thank you very much brilliant reply. Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X