what do you think of this boa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think of this boa

I am still trying to find a male for my first breeding attempt this coming year. Do you think this one is worth $150. Or should I go with something else.

Re: what do you think of this boa

Red, We need to know more about it to know if it is a good price or not. For instace age, size, genetics, etc...

Comment

If by any change hes het or pos het. He is well worth it. IMO if he is ready to breed now. Hes worth $150 you will pay 100-125 for a normal baby. Make sure hes at least 18 months old or more.
      Mike

Comment

lethal has a valid point! genetics or not,imo hes worth it, just as long as you know age and genetics for sure

Comment

I agree... he is a nice looking normal, in my opinion. Beautiful color in the tail! An adult at $150 isn't a bad price reguardless of genetics.

Comment

I just went through a similar thing, in looking for a male of breeding age. Personally my opinion is to look for something that will improve the outcome of whatever you'll be plugging him into. For instance if you're putting him to a normal, then you can expect the babies to all be pretty run of the mill normals with him. It really depends on what you have in mind as a desired outcome of the breeding. That picture, to me doesn't look reliable. You have nothing to compare size relation or color to. It looks like an over saturated picture. Is that the only pic the seller has? If you're interested in him, ask him for a couple of other pics. Whether you're going to pay someone 125 dollars or 1,000 dollars make sure the animal is what YOU have perceived him to be ...or you could wind up being really disappointed. 125 is a good price...but cheaper isn't always better.

Comment

He is a normal no special genetics. I know the guy he is coming from and the snake is a 03 male about 4 foot. eating medium rats. Should be ready to go this year. I will be attempting to breed him to this female.

http://www.redtailboas.com/forum/sh...assifieds+found

I was thinking about getting one of the tj pastel hypos from Jeff but I am afraid to sink that much money into a male and then not get any results from the female have. So right now my other two choices would be this male pastel from jeff.

Or this monster tail sibling

I am interested in the normal male for the price and he is ready to breed. Of course both of these are too so give me your two cents on what you would do.

Comment

Overall, I really like the first boa. However, the monster tail sibling has an EXTRAORDINARY tail... So it really depends on what you're looking for.

Comment

tough choices. Me personally, I'd go for the pastel.

Comment

Anybody else want to give me some help. If anybody has any breedable males let me know.

Comment

I think that the answer to your dilemma needs to be answered by you, redrott. Much of what many people breed for is simply what appeals to them. Any of the prospective males you had pictured would be good. In my own collection, I have quite a few boas from well known breeders but I also have quite a few that many would not consider spectacular, but for some reason they appealed to me. A couple other factors to consider are your budget and your risk tolerance. The budget issue is obvious.....A Salmon Jungle het for albino will set you back MUCH more than a Normal will. As for risk tolerance....You have to take into consideration that breeding is stressful on boas and that sometimes they will die. Not often, but it does happen. We lost a 2 yr. old DH Sunglow female recently to cancer. A freak occurance but one that can happen. If you are looking for a Normal male to breed, then the one that you posted was nice. But what it boils down to ultimately is.......What do you like?

Denny

Comment

Working...
                      X