Need help choosing next boa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help choosing next boa

OK, so I have an opportunity to get either a Gee Line Hypo, or a DH Sunglow... both are '09s. The price for each is right so that's not an issue. My problem is that I can't decide which one to get. Any thoughts? I have no plans for breeding, so the boa chosen would be a just a pet.

Gee Line Hypo

DH Sunglow

Honestly they are very similar boas, which is why I'm having such a hard time choosing.

...Actually choosing which snake to get isn't the only problem. The bigger problem is getting it in past my wife. She'll flip when she finds out.

So, any thoughts as to which boa?

Re: Need help choosing next boa

I would get the dh sunglow. I think her saddle markings are better!

Comment

BOTH!!!!! lol i like the pastel better and since your not breeding i dont think there is the reason to spend the extra money for a DH Sunglow but really its all up to you brother what ever one you really like better

Comment

lol Mike there is no pastel, 2 hypos.Gee line and a DH Sunglow
        I personally like the DH sunglow.

Comment

I like the head and the saddles of the DH but I like the tail on the Gee hypo better. It's got a great contrast of white and pink that I really like. I have no idea what matters more to you though so really my only suggestion would be to pour over the pics some more or maybe try and find out more about each boas personality as you only plan on keeping it as a pet. I would take the DH Sunglow, but that is most likely due to the fact that I need to find an 07 or 08 DH Sunglow myself, lol.

Comment

oh crap i ment hypo i dont know what i was thinking lol

Comment

i used to look at snake pictures and get creeped out now that i have allowed 2 in my house and are becoming rather fond of them i am seeing the beauty that these guys carry I really like the Gee Line Hypo is very pretty i like the markings the appear more sharp to me..

Comment

DH Sunglow FOR SURE!!

Comment

They are both very pretty Mike. If you're not picking for breeding purposes, then I don't think you can go wrong either way. They are both really nice. Oh, and good luck with the wife brother. lol
                  "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

I like the dh sunglow the best personally.

Comment

Wow that's tough, they are very similar looking, but I would have to say I like the sunglow a little better. I would say get both, but it's probably not an option. Don't worry about your wife, she should get over it. Snakes are so easy to keep she won't even know its there. I had that issue with my boyfriend. I was only supposed to bring home one boa from an expo and I brought back two. He was disappointed at first but he got over it once he saw how happy it made me. It can be frustrating having a significant other who isn't into snakes or doesn't understand why our desire to have more will never end.

Comment

Ok, the saddles are nicer on the dh sunglow but I like the color on the gee line better. Is there a certain price range you are looking for? I would think the DH sunglow is more due to the genetics.

Are you set on a hypo? Why not a nice pastel?

This is a hard one so I say go with your gut.

Comment

i like the DH sunglow.

Comment

DH Sunglow it is. I just sent payment.

Working out shipping dates.

...still need to come up with a solid angle for this so that my wife wont rip my limbs of in alphabetical order.

Comment

i like #2

Comment

Working...
                              X