albino selling question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• albino selling question

my friend was telling me he saw a albino baby boa at the reptile show for $150, on the CL people are asking $250 and up why is this? o.0 probably a stupid question to ask but im wondering >.>

Re: albino selling question

Generally those are both cheaper prices for a albino boa but it also really depends on their genes. For example a tom burke lipstick line will cost around $500. For a Arab albino you'll pay upward of 1K. Corals, motleys etc will be even more. At reptile shows its breeders offering their reptiles are great deals and not really trying to make a huge profit. Craigslist you pobably have people who don't really know what they have and are just selling them. But mainly you are paying for what you get and the genes that a particular snake has.

Comment

$250 is actually pretty cheap from what I seen. I have been to 6 shows still looking for the right one and their normally around $350 for small ones. Some people do catch good deals at shows though. Sometimes it's good to get there early sometimes it's best to go near the end. For the good deals.

Comment

I went to a show over the weekend and there were albinos for $275.

Comment

Prices are going to be cheaper at a show because the vendors are in direct competition with each other and because they trying to sell to the community. People who buy a boa at a pet store are not the same as those who attend show and expos for the most part. These events are typically visited by people already somewhat established in the hobby to long time enthusiasts. CL (craigs list I assume) is for the most part, people who bought boas from pet stores at inflated prices and now don't wan to lose too much when they sell it. Either way, those are dream prices to me, my albino was a steal at $550 complete with handling issues! lol.

Comment

I believe Chaos explained it quite well. Just like with
            many things you get what you pay for

Lar M
            Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

@ Boa Amarali: Nice pic...showoff. lol I'm gonna go into my snake room and drop that really heavy line mothers use on my cut rate albino, you know "I'm not angry...just disappointed" He better make me some nice snows, lol.

Comment

ya man check kingsnake they are pretty cheap and like they said the shows people sell just to move them not make a lot of profit btw lar *** why you have to show off like that

Comment

i want an albino bad! last time i got something off kingsnake they were dead >.<

Comment

Originally posted by chaosboa View Post
                    it also really depends on their genes. For example a tom burke lipstick line will cost around $500.
                    ...a jeff ronne pastel albino will cost you 1k+

i actually saw a sunglow (albino and hypo) for 375 at a reptile show last weekend. i feel like albinos and especially sunglows will take a pretty big dip in prices over the next couple years. there are SO MANY of them (and double hets) available now that most people can afford to get in on the project.

of course that doesn't mean they won't be gorgeous anymore, just harder to get rid of if you have a whole litter and only want to keep one or two

Comment

Prices will also depend on what strain of Albino you're working with.

If you're working with the Kahl line, there's a lot more of them out there. The prices will be lower and there's more competition when it comes time to sell them.

The Sharp line is becoming more plentiful as well. Even though they're still priced higher, there's very good deals to be had. I know I got an excellent deal on the 2 yearling females I purchased this year. I'm talking Kahl prices for a Sharp!

Either line will be a bit more expensive in the Sunglows or Snows/Moonglows. Even then you'll have to be breeding for "top quality" animals just to sell them. People are wanting better and better animals at lower prices. Some people don't even bother to look at the quality of the animals. They just question why one seller wants 1K while another is selling theirs for 500 or less.

Anyway, just get what you like. If you decide to breed them... There's always a market for Albinos. The market price may be dropping, but people still "LOVE" the Albinos.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda View Post
                        There's always a market for Albinos. The market price may be dropping, but people still "LOVE" the Albinos.
                        so true... EVERYONE should have an albino. it is THE original morph - what really got it all started, imho...

(speaking of which, i really need to get one! lol!)

Comment

Plus expos always have better prices, people on Craigslist try to make more than what they pay sometimes

Comment

The reptile show prices are always cheaper than a breeder selling his animals online. I've seen many albinos at shows recently under $300. I picked up a CBLT albino het for snow for $350 a couple months ago. If that isn't a steal I don't know what is
                            http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

my wife and I just picked up a kahl albino and 3 het kahl albinos for $440 total, that wasn't at a show though. That included shipping costs

**edit**

I'd like to add a big thanks to David from Morgans boas, we love them and they are doing great.

Comment

Working...
                              X