need educated on reverse stripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need educated on reverse stripe

A buddy of mine picked up a nice reverse stripe today at the show and I have not heard that much about them. Are they genetic? co dom, dom, recessive, what are the best breed with to continue this morph? any help is greatly appreciated and I am trying to get some pics.
    s

Re: need educated on reverse stripe

Originally posted by dapozer View Post
    A buddy of mine picked up a nice reverse stripe today at the show and I have not heard that much about them. Are they genetic? co dom, dom, recessive, what are the best breed with to continue this morph? any help is greatly appreciated and I am trying to get some pics.
    s
    not sure on the genetics but i saw that one it was there the last show was it at the booth in the middle row about 1-2 booths in on the right? if it was thats a good looking boa dude tell him nice pick up. i looked for a you dude and i didnt see you!

Comment

ya thats the one. I walked around alot as kevin was hanging at his booth. he didn't sell much just a bell and a spider. he has some great pins and spiders almost got another from him. He also had some of his best pastels. It was definatly a buyers show as the sellers market was very scary low and alot of fire sales going on. I saw spiders going for under $100 and a female pied went for under $500, suri's and guyanas under $200 and the big argentine boa was marked at $100 with no bites. Funnest part of the show was watching a sugerglider get loose and bite his future owner. was hoping it would have jumped into the carpet python booth.

Comment

ya thats the one. I walked around alot as kevin was hanging at his booth. he didn't sell much just a bell and a spider. he has some great pins and spiders almost got another from him. He also had some of his best pastels. It was definatly a buyers show as the sellers market was very scary low and alot of fire sales going on. I saw spiders going for under $100 and a female pied went for under $500, suri's and guyanas under $200 and the big argentine boa was marked at $100 with no bites. Funnest part of the show was watching a sugerglider get loose and bite his future owner. was hoping it would have jumped into the carpet python booth.
        mmm sugar glider lol there was alot of good deals did you see the pics of the hypo i bought ?? $80 dude amazing!!

Comment

I saw that great deal, Lynn is funny, stressed but funny. I almost looked at the jungle there l, but had the feeling it might not do well, dehydrated and skinny and not the best looking either but at $150 i almost risked it. Ryan seemed to do well, Billy my buddy picked up a anery and a dh ghost from home. We were close to the moonglow but his wife said no way at this time. However they did go home with 4 snakes and now need some Boaphile plastics help.

Comment

I saw that great deal, Lynn is funny, stressed but funny. I almost looked at the jungle there l, but had the feeling it might not do well, dehydrated and skinny and not the best looking either but at $150 i almost risked it. Ryan seemed to do well, Billy my buddy picked up a anery and a dh ghost from home. We were close to the moonglow but his wife said no way at this time. However they did go home with 4 snakes and now need some Boaphile plastics help.
            lol thats awesome ryan sold 1 boa to zeclia from here and then i saw he sold some more he did nice and boas and balls sold several they sold a nice sunglow to someone that it was there first boa i think and probalay no intentions on breeding makes me kind of mad because it should have went to someone with good intentions

Comment

supposedly they are supposed to be genetic, but i wouldnt call it genetic unless it was proven by breeding it i LOVE reverse striped boas, or any other striped boas for that matter LOL now lets see some PICS!!

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
                mmm sugar glider lol

If you BITE into a sugar Glider, WOULD it taste sweet?
                Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

As for Reverse Striped Boas. The pop up now and again. I hve seen at least two people who have posted some and said they had been producing them for up to four years in a row. Trouble is, I never heard of them before and nobody else I know had either.

As for genetics, until 2009, I have personally bred five different bloodlines of Reverse Striped Boas. One of those bloodlines has proven genetic and numerous times now. That is the Pearlescent line. Not one of the other four proved genetic including one breeding that was a male and female sibling breeding where both had reverse stripes. There were eight babies in that litter. Zero Reverse Striped babies.

I did prove out a second bloodline this year. So that's two in six bloodlines. I have an obsession with them. In all the years I have been breeding Boas and all the reverse striped Boas that are out there and have been produced, the proven genetic Reverse Striped Boa is a relatively rare critter.

theboaphile.com
                  boaphileplastics.com

Comment

heres a pic. would love to try to figure it out...

Comment

Originally posted by BigPaPaErnest View Post
                      If you BITE into a sugar Glider, WOULD it taste sweet?
                      we can only assume but I'm sure you could find a nice BBQ recipe for them

Comment

heres a pic. would love to try to figure it out...

Only one way to find out. Nice critter and good luck with it!

theboaphile.com
                        boaphileplastics.com

Comment

I agree nice reverse stripe and I hope it proves out for your buddy!

Comment

Working...
                          X