VPI T+ X Sharp line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPI T+ X Sharp line

I am wonering if the VPI T+ line is compatable with the Sharp line. Has anyone tried this combo before to anyones knowledge? We all know what happens with the BW caramel so what about a T+ VPI caramel? Just wondering, that's all.

Joe

Re: VPI T+ X Sharp line

Larry .... paging larry please contact joe at ext 4310 lol

he'd be the one to ask i got no clue dude lol

Comment

I would think that the sharp gene (or kahl, for that matter) would over-ride the t+. Both kahl and sharp are t-, which means they lack tyrosinase. So, by definition, sharp and t+ (which - obviously - contains tyrosinase) cannot coexist.

Comment

Originally posted by dangles View Post
        I would think that the sharp gene (or kahl, for that matter) would over-ride the t+. Both kahl and sharp are t-, which means they lack tyrosinase. So, by definition, sharp and t+ (which - obviously - contains tyrosinase) cannot coexist.
        I hear you but sharp is a form of t+ as proven when mixing with BW caramels to produce paradigms. So I wonder if it is compatible with other t+ animals like the VPI T+ or the prodigy etc.

Comment

Actually Tracy Barker has done this breeding between these lines VPI and Sharp
          they are not compatible.

Now what Chris Dangles says is my opinion also the Sharp strain or the Kahl
          strain when bred to the VPI in the resulting Double Homozygous version of
          each the VPI gene will be over ridden resulting in a
          basic Sharp or Kahl appearing Albino

One added note because of the Paradigm anomaly the Sharp strain is more
          than likely considered to be a version of a T positive strain

The most complete T Positive strain with no tyrosinase leakage.

Lar M
          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I am far from being the expert Larry is.
            I do know however that to this point, only the BW Caramels have been known to be co-dominant to the sharp strain albino. It is not the general case though.
            Generally speaking, these types of compatibilities aren't that common... and we tend to over-simplify things when we deduct that it's about just one gene... as genes are inherited in batches on chromosomes, it is possible that the chromosome carrying the Sharp Trait is similar enough to have an added effect with a chromosome carrying the BW Caramel- the exact relationship between the two is something we cannot hope to understand without actually studying it on the genetic level in a lab.

As far as I know though, the VPI Caramel does not synergize with the known albino strains.

If a snake should be homozygous for both traits( T+ -and- T-)- theoretically speaking, the snake will simply look like the appropriate T- strain... as the total demolish of the melanin production process will make the T+ not visible.

Comment

I wonder what else the sharp strain is compatable with? Anyone care to take a guess or is the BW caramel going to be the only animale it can co exist with? I'm curious cause I own a sharp but also I think there is somethingto be learned about the sharp gene and we have not hit the nail on the head yet with the possibilities. Maybe we did but I would like to know more. What do you all think?

Comment

Working...
              X