what morph am i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what morph am i

hi some one from my forum asked me to see if i can find out what morph this is she was told it was some sort of hypo

Re: what morph am i

A salmon maybe????????

Just a guess as I only have normals lol

Comment

Looks like a hypomelanistic or lacking black. Sometimes used interchangeably with Salmon though its not always accurate.

Comment

Looks like a Hypo to me.

Comment

Yep that Boa is exhibiting the Dominant trait Hypomelanism

Lar M
          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

yup thats a hypo maybe salmon looking at the lighter coloration but you really tell just by looking

Comment

Very nice hypo. Salmon and other names given to hypos are just referring to the bloodlines so if you don't know the genetics and from which bloodline it came from you can't truthfully put a label such as salmon, monster tail, or orange tail on it. I have Salmons and hypos from no known bloodlines and you can't tell the difference visually.

Comment

First thing I think when I see it is "Hypo." The tail is a good indicator of that since hypos lack the black ring around the first few tail saddles/marks and then the first tail saddle that does exhibit a black ring usually only has the black around the later half of said saddle.

I'd also put money on "Salmon" as well, but without knowing it's lineage it's really hard to say for sure. However I think you can say with a fair amount of certainty that you've definitely got a hypo.

BTW - That's one gorgeous boa! Congrats!

Comment

It's definitely a hypo but it is NOT a salmon unless you KNOW it came from a salmon line.

We need to start using the terminology properly when it comes to genetic mutations and breeder specific lines.

Sorry about the harshness but this is a pet peeve of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
                    It's definitely a hypo but it is NOT a salmon unless you KNOW it came from a salmon line.

We need to start using the terminology properly when it comes to genetic mutations and breeder specific lines.

Doesn't sound harsh at all. I totally agree.

I was merely stating that it looks an awful lot like a Salmon, but without knowing the Sire and Dam, and their own lineage it can't be accurately called a Salmon... since it very well may not be.

Comment

Originally posted by MLynch View Post
                      Doesn't sound harsh at all. I totally agree.

I was merely stating that it looks an awful lot like a Salmon, but without knowing the Sire and Dam, and their own lineage it can't be accurately called a Salmon... since it very well may not be.
                      No, I get what you are saying. We have to remember though there are folks viewing this thread who know nothing about Boa morphology so we have to be extra careful. Saying something "looks like" or "could be" a specific line can lead to confusion to those who are not "in the know".

You and I know what you mean but some do not. My suggestion is to NOT bring up lines in ANY case unless it's known to be a direct descendant.

Salmon is about to go the way of "Red Tail Boa" and "Pastel". Basically trade names now. It sucks for those who spent the money on the "real deal".

I'm not flaming bro. I know you know what you're talking about. It's just a suggestion.

Comment

BTW, I just noticed your sig! LOL! Looks good bro!

"If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post

not harsh just true mike

Comment

thanks all so its a hypo

Comment

Yeah definatly a hypo, could be het for albino too. I have a lipstick line hypo het albino who looks just like him, but smaller

Comment

Working...
                              X