Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunshine?

Hi all-

Longtime boa owner, somewhat new to the site. I'm mainly a "lurker" on forums, generally using them to glean knowledge, so I don't post a lot.

I saw on kingsnake.com yesterday a new morph called a "Sunrise" boa. It was produced by D&M Breeders. I looked for the ad again this morning, but couldn't find it. Does anyone know anything about this morph? Anyone else producing any? I guess it's an Albino Sunset boa, according to what I remember from the description. It was a very high-orange animal, looked a whole lot like the FineLine sunglow I saw in an older post. I'm very intrigued by this morph, only because I've been thinking about getting a sunglow sometime in the near future, and I'm interested in a very high-orange sunglow. When I saw this Sunrise boa and how orange it was, I realized it was exactly the look I want....so, can anyone tell me anything about this morph?

Re: Sunshine?

hey,

welcome to RTB~

hopefully by now you've had a chance to check out the ultimate care guide on the left side of the screen... tons of great info for all levels of keepers

as for the sunshine, i believe it's a hogg cross, or even a pure hogg. not quite sure other than that. if you're into crosses, hoggs (especially sunsets) produce TONS of orange.

if you're NOT into crosses, check out Rat Race Solutions. ty there has the orangest columbian sunglow i've ever seen. i believe he sold that particular one (or is holding it back), but he should also have some more coming this next breeding season.

Comment

As Chris said it's one of Damians hypo hog lines.
      D & M Breeders, Inc.

Comment

Hey Chris!

Thanks for the info. And yeah, I've been through the ultimate care guide twice. I'm the guy who was asking you about cage building remember? I'm almost done with my cages; I'll be sure to post pics on here when I'm done, because it's going to look amazing and I have you to thank for the inspiration

I wasn't aware the Sunset boa was a Hogg cross. Seeing as how this "sunrise" is an albino sunset, I would assume the Sunshine would have to have some amount of Hogg in it.

Has anyone even heard of the Sunrise before? Or was yesterday it's "underground debut"? I know I'm not crazy, even though it's not there now haha!

Comment

Originally posted by afman916 View Post
          Hey Chris!
          I'm the guy who was asking you about cage building remember?

sorry, man... i suck sometimes

but yes, the sunsets (and i would assume the sunshine) are hogg crosses. but they do have some WICKED orange in them. if i were into crosses, those would be my drug of choice

can't wait for the pics of the cage!

Comment

Not a problem man, I tend to be rather forgetful myself!

Being that these boas are hogg crosses, do they tend to grow to somewhat smaller lengths than a regular BCI would? Or does the Hogg in them primarily manifest itself in the coloration and not necessarily in the other physical attributes?

I can't help but be very intrigued by this animal....it's orange was so intense, and I can't seem to find ANY info about them, aside from what's bene posted here, so that leads me to become even more intrigued

Comment

Wow, so I've been meaning to say "Sunrise" instead of "Sunshine"....I guess I'm not quite awake yet!

Comment

Found it!

Hope this link works, it's not currently on kingsnake but it must still be in their cache from yesterday because I found the listing...

kingsnake.com Classifieds: 2009 SUNRISE [ NEW DESIGNER MORPH]

Comment

those are way wicked i saw those the other and day and lets say wet nap on isle 3 lol i would love to pick those up and like they said they took a sunset boa and made an albino version heavy reds in that puppy though

Comment

Ok so basically it is an albino sunset, or hog cross super sunglow (since the sunsets were super hypos that were more than 50% hog island boa). Very wicked boas, they should have amazing color when they mature!

Comment

Originally posted by afman916 View Post
                      Being that these boas are hogg crosses, do they tend to grow to somewhat smaller lengths than a regular BCI would? Or does the Hogg in them primarily manifest itself in the coloration and not necessarily in the other physical attributes?
                      i believe that the size does come in to play. especially if they are "50%" like i think they are.

and i looked at that link... i do remember stumbling across that same ad a few months ago (maybe it was more recently) and HOLY CRAP that's a TON of orange!

Comment

There may be a slight difference in size but it will not be very noticeable. Hog Island boas sometimes tend to be smaller but not as much as other island boas. I have seen plenty of big 7 or 8 ft female hog islands. As far as the Sunrise everyone else covered that one. It is an albino super hypo hog. Man I love the hypo hogs I think they are some of the most amazing looking boas out there and plan to make some supers myself in the near future.

Comment

Just found out on RC that a pair of these are coming to Canada in March or April!! Finally us Canucks are getting our act together lol. The babies will probably go for a zillion dollars each though, regular Motleys (not het for anything) went on sale recently for just under $900, ludicrous!

Mat.

Comment

Its called a SUNRISE Boa. Damian offered mew some DH Sunrise last year I think maybe it was this spring

I passed but they look pretty nice

kingsnake.com Classifieds: 2009 SUNRISE [ NEW DESIGNER MORPH]

In 2002 we produced the SUNSET , everyone loves and still loves today, so after seven years in the making. In 2009 we have now produced the SUNRISE ( Albino sunset) at 5 months they are already expressing intense coloration. We produced 1.5 SUNRISE and 3.4 DH for sunrise.

Lar M
                            Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X