Kicking myself on the head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicking myself on the head!

There's a female snow boa available right now for $800 in Ft Lauderdale, Fl. That's about 40 minutes away from me. If I didn't have my $$ tied up right now I would drive and go get it....Oh snap

Re: Kicking myself on the head!

Doh

Comment

WOW!!

I'd be kicking myself too.

I don't know the quality of the animal you got, since you didn't mention the breeder. So, maybe the one you're waiting on is a better quailty or from a more diverse bloodline.

I know it really bums you out that you "could" have paid less, but if you're getting a better quality animal. It's worth the extra money and the wait. I know that doesn't make you feel any better... Especially since you still have to "wait" for who knows how long to receive what you're already paid for. Still, in the long run... You might be getting a better animal for waiting.

BTW waiting for a good shipping date in the winter is the hard. I don't purchase in the winter anymore, because of shipping delays. Hopefully, you'll get your boa soon.

I can only imagine the frustration you must be feeling right now.

Comment

I might just pick it up anyway im already disputing my $$ from the original breeder. What do you guys think? I know some of you will think im a jerk but im really not I just don't like being lied to. Please help a fellow boa addict in making a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda View Post
          WOW!!

I'd be kicking myself too.

I don't know the quality of the animal you got, since you didn't mention the breeder. So, maybe the one you're waiting on is a better quailty or from a more diverse bloodline.

I know it really bums you out that you "could" have paid less, but if you're getting a better quality animal. It's worth the extra money and the wait. I know that doesn't make you feel any better... Especially since you still have to "wait" for who knows how long to receive what you're already paid for. Still, in the long run... You might be getting a better animal for waiting.

BTW waiting for a good shipping date in the winter is the hard. I don't purchase in the winter anymore, because of shipping delays. Hopefully, you'll get your boa soon.

I can only imagine the frustration you must be feeling right now.
          Thanks for the kind words Linda I will post the breeders info when all this is resolved i don't lie and I wouldn't be out to ruin someone's rep. i just wish he would have been more professional. im just a paying customer like everyone else here and the one who loses in the long run is him not me. When I read some posts of people saying oh i would refund his money right away I thought to myself...there's so many animals for sale right now that who needs to lock on to one breeder? How many people are spending good $$ on snakes or any animals? Paying customers are hard to come by today they need us not them. My buddy was going to pick up about another $600-$1,000 in animals from him and now he said forget that im going to ben Seigel. Who's loss not ours!

Comment

I saw that $800 snow in kingsnake.com too BUT like the others have said for that being cheap it might not be in such a great condition. or maybe the breeder just needs the money. or needs to get rid of it quick for the reasons of he has too many. alot to look into. be careful. do your research b4 emotional decision just a suggestion.

Comment

will do

Comment

At least I will be able to hold this animal and see it first hand. Im more in danger of getting ripped off by the shipper than actually seeing the animal don't you think?

Comment

this is true just make sure you can do the refund or if you can afford it get both. the lauderdale one is female, didnt see what the other was if male you got your snow project. its up to you but make sure on the refund some breeders do a credit on other animals instead check out his site or talk to him. maybe he ll compete and give you the price of 800 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ron petri View Post
                    this is true just make sure you can do the refund or if you can afford it get both. the lauderdale one is female, didnt see what the other was if male you got your snow project. its up to you but make sure on the refund some breeders do a credit on other animals instead check out his site or talk to him. maybe he ll compete and give you the price of 800 instead.
                    The other is female too I wanted to plug her into my albino pair for a trio. I don't mind another female i mean you can never have enough girls right? I wouldn't mind another woman (although the wife ain't havin it...lol). My bro I would talk to the original breeder but he doesn't even answer my phone calls since he charged my Visa! I was supposed to recieve the snake Tuesday and he text messaged me that he was not going to ship because it was too cold and that hopefully he could ship next week, maybe after he told me he would ship after Christmas because he was scared the package might get lost. He never told me the weather would be a problem and being a huge name in the business (you guys would freak out when you find out who it is) I assumed he was well equipped and able to ship. i know that when i reveal who he is people are going to jump out in his defense, im going to get into a fight with someone on this forum and get banned. I don't want credit I want my $$$. i would have liked the snake too and truthfully I can afford both but i really don't want anything else to do with this guy ever again! I can get a snow boa or any other boa from someone else as you can see and very easily. I know that if you don't want my MONEY there's more than a million people that do. There is not only one snow boa in existence.

Comment

I bought my male Lipstick Line X Coral DH Sunglow from Bill last month. He definitely has quality animals, I've no doubt his Snows will be nice too.

Good Luck,
                      Mark

Comment

alright man ya gotta do what ya gotta do just if you get to worked up walk away for a minute and come back fresh and calm if he s reputable then there may be a lot of bridges connected so take it easy and deal calmly no need stressing yourself over it. just WHEN you can get a hold of him deal with it then. I deal with stupid stuff calmly no need to get level with stupitity. be the man be the adult be the civil. and if you can get the 2 snows then you ve got a major breed biz cause snow is a genetic marvel. hope you decision benefits you. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Markm0723 View Post
                          I bought my male Lipstick Line X Coral DH Sunglow from Bill last month. He definitely has quality animals, I've no doubt his Snows will be nice too.

Good Luck,
                          Mark
                          thanks for the reference my bro I appreciate it! I am going to see her tomorrow (depending on how much a hangover I wake up with...lol). Are you and petri in florida too? im in Miami. I am also looking at some anery het snow/albinos to throw into the mix as well thinking of getting a killer anery male but really my animals are mainly personal pets. But if they ever breed that would be so cool! thats how I view all my animals as pets above all. I know a lot of people that invest heavy $$$ on snakes and reptiles hoping that they will breed produce and they will get rich and famous. It's funny because the local reptile shop I hang out at and buy my feeders and stuff the owner is my friend and i was hanging out with him the other day and he said "man, the only thing people are buying is crickets and cheap leo geckos!!" Poor guy he is a heck of a person who i respect and admire a lot. Nobody is selling anything right now ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...you don't believe me walk into your local herp supplier and their like ghost towns...go to herp shows and people just LOOK not BUYING. The economy and even worse the government is devastating our hobby. Its heartbreaking for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ron petri View Post
                            alright man ya gotta do what ya gotta do just if you get to worked up walk away for a minute and come back fresh and calm if he s reputable then there may be a lot of bridges connected so take it easy and deal calmly no need stressing yourself over it. just WHEN you can get a hold of him deal with it then. I deal with stupid stuff calmly no need to get level with stupitity. be the man be the adult be the civil. and if you can get the 2 snows then you ve got a major breed biz cause snow is a genetic marvel. hope you decision benefits you. Good luck.
                            Excellent advice my bro I am going to deal with it professionally I won't blow my lid. But you know what I have exerted so much energy and worry on this it is taking a toll. I just can't stop thinking about it even at night bro. Where in Florida are you?

Comment

I think Ron's in Florida. I'm just across the state line in Mobile, AL.

Comment

Working...
                              X