The Snow Boa(not pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Snow Boa(not pics)

Well i plan on making some kahl snow boas in the next 5 years at the most. My Dh snow will be ready next year late, hopefully, By then i hope i have a Male Dh snow or have did a partnership breeding. I will then have like a 20% chance of getting snows right?

Re: The Snow Boa(not pics)

Het. Albino, Het. Anery,
    x
    Het. Albino, Het. Anery,

6.25% WT
    12.5% Het. Anery,
    6.25% Homozygous Anery,
    12.5% Het. Albino,
    25% Het. Albino, Het. Anery,
    12.5% Het. Albino, Homozygous Anery,
    6.25% Homozygous Albino,
    12.5% Homozygous Albino, Het. Anery,
    6.25% Homozygous Albino, Homozygous Anery,

1/16 chance

Comment

Originally posted by RTB_luver View Post
      Well i plan on making some kahl snow boas in the next 5 years at the most. My Dh snow will be ready next year late, hopefully, By then i hope i have a Male Dh snow or have did a partnership breeding. I will then have like a 20% chance of getting snows right?
      I thought when breeding DH's for Snow. It was roughly 1 in 16 would be a Snow. Sometimes you bet the odds and get more. Sometimes you get less. So, I don't think it's 20%. I think it's lower than that.

A better choice would be to either pair her up with an Anery het Albino or Albino het Anery. That would give you better odds. They're a little more expensive, but you'll end up with more visual mophs.

Comment

Well i did a partner breeding this year my female is 100% het bino with a male 100%bino

So if i get a bino and breed it to my DH and get Albino het anery then breed it back to the DH snow i would have a better chance?

Comment

kingsnake.com Classifieds: 1.1 Albino Het Snows

Comment

D**** I dont think i have that money right now or dont think i will have it in the near future. Geez It would be faster though.

Comment

D**** I dont think i have that money right now or dont think i will have it in the near future. Geez It would be faster though.
              i just happend to find that i would be cheaper to go anrey het albino look on KS for one or ask around here

Comment

kingsnake.com Classifieds: 1.0 Anery Het Snow

Comment

Well actually i forgot the male we used for the breeding would make this

Het. snow, Het. anery, Het. albino, pastel,
                  x
                  WT ( Athena)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.25% WT
                  6.25% Pastel,
                  6.25% Het. albino,
                  6.25% Het. albino, Pastel

6.25% Het. anery
                  6.25% Het. anery, Pastel
                  6.25% Het. anery, Het. albino
                  6.25% Het. anery, Het. albino, Pastel
                  6.25% Het. snow
                  6.25% Het. snow, Pastel
                  6.25% Het. snow, Het. albino
                  6.25% Het. snow, Het. albino, Pastel
                  6.25% Het. snow, Het. anery
                  6.25% Het. snow, Het. anery, Pastel
                  6.25% Het. snow, Het. anery, Het. albino
                  6.25% Het. snow, Het. anery, Het. albino, Pastel

that way i wouldnt have to buy anything, becuz half would be het fro snow

Comment

or this one

kingsnake.com Classifieds: 3.3 Anery %100 het albino*

its just if you do a homo albino or anery het snow with it it will be faster results

Comment

Well actually i forgot the male we used for the breeding would make this

Het. snow, Het. anery, Het. albino, pastel,
                      x
                      WT ( Athena)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.25% WT
                      6.25% Pastel,
                      6.25% Het. albino,
                      6.25% Het. albino, Pastel

6.25% Het. anery
                      6.25% Het. anery, Pastel
                      6.25% Het. anery, Het. albino
                      6.25% Het. anery, Het. albino, Pastel
                      6.25% Het. snow
                      6.25% Het. snow, Pastel
                      6.25% Het. snow, Het. albino
                      6.25% Het. snow, Het. albino, Pastel
                      6.25% Het. snow, Het. anery
                      6.25% Het. snow, Het. anery, Pastel
                      6.25% Het. snow, Het. anery, Het. albino
                      6.25% Het. snow, Het. anery, Het. albino, Pastel

that way i wouldnt have to buy anything, becuz half would be het fro snow
                      The only problem with doing it that way is, you don't know which ones would be the DH Snows.

You could probably take the Het Snow and Pastel out of that mix. Since a "Het Snow" is a Homozygous animal, Albino or Anery, that's Het for either Anery or Albino. A "DH Snow" is an animal that's het for both Anery and Albino. They're normal looking but carry both of the recessive genes. If your male is a DH Snow, that means it's a Het Anery/Het Albino. The Pastel Trait doesn't always get "consistantly" passed along. So there's no need for that in the mix.

So, if you breed a DH Snow to a normal, you'd get babies that are "all" 50% "possible" DH for Snow. You'd have some Pastels in there as well. At least, I'm pretty sure that's the way it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda View Post
                        The only problem with doing it that way is, you don't know which ones would be the DH Snows.

You could probably take the Het Snow and Pastel out of that mix. Since a "Het Snow" is a Homozygous animal, Albino or Anery, that's Het for either Anery or Albino. A "DH Snow" is an animal that's het for both Anery and Albino. They're normal looking but carry both of the recessive genes. If your male is a DH Snow, that means it's a Het Anery/Het Albino. The Pastel Trait doesn't always get "consistantly" passed along. So there's no need for that in the mix.

So, if you breed a DH Snow to a normal, you'd get babies that are "all" 50% "possible" DH for Snow. You'd have some Pastels in there as well. At least, I'm pretty sure that's the way it works.
                        I didnt even think about it that way, Dang maybe if athena somehow proves to be het albino It would be easier.

Comment

Dude that's a real good male to plug into your DH snow. The price is right too. I was looking at it myself for a buddy of mine.

Comment

Or you could just buy a 2010 baby from me....LOL!
                            Ill have some snows, anery het albinos, albinos pos. het snow etc ready after they shed and eat a few times....just in time for shipping when the weather warms up...
                            Bob McPhee
                            BBC Exotics

Comment

Working...
                            X