• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the day

would you trade these,

for this?

Re: Question of the day

not the actual picture of the snow, but you catch my drift....

Comment

i wouldnt....then again i have 5 diff animals here that will make me plenty of snows lol. but if i personally had the snow, then yes i would trade it for the hypo and the sunglow

imo those two are really nice, both the hypo and the sunglow, its been getting harder to find nicely colored animals like that in the market lately. i believe both of them, especially that hypo will grow up to be a gorgeous adult. if YOU really wanna do the trade and you think its worth it, and it makes both of you guys happy (and all the animals are healthy and will be well cared for) then i dont see why not.

Comment

wow, I never thought of it that way, being that these are my animals, thanks for the nice comments. I got a hypo (Real) aberrant jungle het anery, real probable het for albino (according to jeffs post about how he tells the het albinos) that I want to breed the snow with. I'm Looking for a aberrant moonglow or snow, plus a possible anery jungle. I know you can make some nice morphs with a sunglow, but that seems to be what alot of people are doing. I'm down for creating something new

I do love my boas but I got them for dirt cheap

Comment

if your looking for the snow to breed with that jungle then thats a good plan lol. thats something similar to what ive got planned actually. but, most people will frown upon breding an abberant boa to a jungle, simply because when you have the babies (chances are they will be really nice babies though) it could cause alot of confusion when you have to decide which babies are abberant, and which are jungles, and you dont want a bad rep for selling something that isnt what it was sold as....ie, you thought one of the abberant babies was a jungle, and vice versa. if you have a nice looking jungle with some striping or chains or other crazy patterns you will get "abberant" looking babies, but you will know for sure that they are jungles

i am a HUGE fan of abberant boas though, if it were me i would find some abberant boas and start a separate project with those and produce genetic abberant babies. if you look around you can find some real nice "aby" line boas for sale, those are genetic abberant boas and will produce more abberant babies. that line was started by mike weitzman of basically boas, you can go to his site and read more about it. or you could take a chance and buy an abberant looking boa from a "no name" breeder and hope it proves out genetic for you. the boaphile also has a line of abberant boas that he named "nova" boas that you can see on his website...

hope this helps some lol.

Comment

True, yeah I checked out Jeffs site numerous time, much more, I read all the care guides like some people study the bible. That aberant jungle and that anery made the sickest babies. I'm following in the steps of my elders. Here is a pic of those two

the anery was born from two pastel het anery's with no aberancies, they produced 4 aberrent anerys besides her, but yeah, it would be hard to tell the jungles, that's why I'd sell most of them for a reasonable price, and prove the sickest ones out

The snow would be a project of course but if the results were right it would be wonderful

Comment

I meant here are the ones I'm trying to breed to see if they will produce some amazing results, like Jeff did

Comment

oh now i remember seeing those pics, those two are stunners! just be aware that sometimes temps while mom was preggo can cause abberant patterns in the babies. i hope that abberant anery proves out though cause that is one gorgeous snake i would buy one of those babies if they looked like that LOL

Comment

Thank you, and yeah I know about the temp thing

Comment

I personally would trade the Hypo and Sunglow for the Snow .

Comment

Very nice. See, I wouldn't...I just love a nice glow, Lol. I also beleive snows will be getting quite cheep here in the next few years. Just my opinion.

I also think a nice glow looks a lot better than a snow. I was thinking about going the snow route as well... But, I think not.

Do what makes you happy though dude. I def think snows are awesome, and if that's the project you want to get in to.. Go for it.

Comment

What is still nice about snows is they are still hard to make. percentage wise.
                        in most scenarios it is a 1/32 chance to me that makes it a special morph.
                        Where as sunglows even nice ones and hypos nice ones are not rare and are
                        farely easy to come by unless your dealing with 3k worth of nice.
                        And if you are interested in making something with the snow line like jungle snows
                        it is a bit easier when one of the pairs is a snow and not just het.

Comment

I would do the trade, if only for the fact that the snow is most likely worth more than the 2 animals you're trading for it.
                          http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

I think it is a good trade, all are great looking.
                            Snows being a double recessive will hold their value a while.
                            Plus this would lead to some nice jungle/abby combos- hypo, anery, albinos, sunglows, ghost, and even moonglows.

Comment

Working...
                            X