X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow-x-Pastel Albino cross???

my first question is - Is a snow boa BCI

my second question is what would you get if you bred the pastel albino of Jeff Roan to a snow boa

Just curious cwm12.gif

Re: Snow-x-Pastel Albino cross???

yes a snow Boa is a BCI...and if you were to breed one to one of Ronne's pastels you would get Albinos het for snow....the pastel might show in some of the offspring...

Comment

Oops I hit post too soon....Breeding the 2 would kind of be a waste of time....because if you were to breed the offspring back to each other or back to the snow parent (trying to get pastel snows) the anery gene would negate that nice pretty pinkish hue to the pastel line (anery is the total lack of red pigment)

Comment

OOOOps forgot about that fact. s3.gifThanks

Comment

This may be a little off subject, but I would get the Pastel Albino, and breed it to every boa I had!!!  At the same time!!!!

How could you go wrong with that screamer pastel albino.  I think it is truly the most spectacular boa I have EVER seen.

To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
          -Clay English
          Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Clay,

This is Goobs better half. Thanks for the information now I am going to be in debt. He is talking about getting a loan. cwm23.gif
            I thought this was harmless for him to be on here and since this site we have gotton nothing but snakes and rats in my house. UGH s11.gif

Comment

Sorry!  I started out with 2 Jeff Ronne Boas, and NOW!!!  
              s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif

I have a "hobby out of control"

But I wouldn't take anything for it.   The boas help me keep my sanity.  s19.gif

-Best Regards
              -Clay English

Comment

This is Goobs better half. I feel yah on the out of controlle hobie thing. He fell off of the top of a 18 wheeler and crushed his wrists three years ago. s34.gif Because of that he has not been able to work. But I tell you these snakes have been so theraputic for him. It has given him a hobby as well as the will to go and open up a pet store where we can teach people about the proper care for snakes and not just sell them. Where each and every one will have a special place in our hearts. I used to hate snakes. s4.gifBut now they have become a part of our family just as our daughter is. cwm17.gif

Comment

Clay I hear ya man...if I had one of those pastel albinos I would DEFINITLY breed it to everything...That is TRULY one of the most spectacular animals I have EVER laid my eyes on.....

Goobs Better Half...My wife was the same way not too long ago..she was scared of snakes.. I broke her of it by laying boas on her while she was alseep...*L* just kidding everyone (sorta)

and Now my wife..(the greatest woman on earth BTW) just bought me an Anery 66% pos het for snow and a 66% pos dbl het for snow .. ;D

Comment

maybe your wife should talk to mine, I keep telling her that thats the only way she can keep me out of trouble. and its less expencive than my other hobbies (ie fast cars cwm29.gif, speeding tickets cwm30.gif, jail s3.gif) ya get the pic. I'm not a bad person just misguided cwm4.gif

Comment

She will come around eventually...(i hope)
                      And my prob is my only hobbies are snakes ,buying snakes,playing with snakes and buying MORE snakes..... I think that she thinks that I wont buy anymore for awhile now that Im getting these...*L* ...but thats not very likely!!!

Comment

Oops I hit post too soon....Breeding the 2 would kind of be a waste of time....because if you were to breed the offspring back to each other or back to the snow parent (trying to get pastel snows) the anery gene would negate that nice pretty pinkish hue to the pastel line (anery is the total lack of red pigment)
                        This is only an educated guess of an opinion, but I think the pastel trait would even have influence in making snows more incredible than they already are!!! Pastel snows I thnk would be VERY lavender.....

Here is a proven FACT.... over and over again... Pastels make EVERYTHING better!!!! cwm4.gif

Comment

Hey i'm new to this...I saw the picture of those albino pastels and I have to get one...who breeds them and where can I get one? Like I said, i'm new to this forum... ;D

Comment

Hey Rocky,

Well Jeff Ronne produced that baby, and I can tell you it is not for sale. He should be producing more soon, but not sure he will even let go of any then.

Pete Kahl also has some pastel albinos that he calls Coral Phase albino, but they are nowhere as close to this one pictured here.

What we need are more more more more more more more more more... Have I said more yet? of these beauties...

-Best Regards
                            -Clay English

Comment

I agree with Lori on this one cause as we al know snow boas have some yellow coloration too.It think that`s whats left when taking away the red and black pigment.And if you have a red pastel boa its red color would replace the yellow almost totally and when and if you then breed it to an albino you take away the black and then to an anery and take away the red there would be only white,and almost no yellow.So I think it`s worth to try.

Comment

Working...
                              X