This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Boa Clay?

Well I have been meaning to ask this for a long time so here it goes. I will start at the beginning. A friend of mine shaun bought a boa 2 1/2 years ago off a local breeder, this boa like three of its sibblings was extremely light in coloration. After a few sheds it began to lose it's pattern, by the time it was over a year it had lost a third of it's pattern. The areas were this happened did not changa color they just lost the saddles and other makings and became the background color, a really light beige. It sorta looks like piebald but instead of clean breaks the pattern on the edges of these areas just slowly fade away. Now that the boa is two years of age this fading seems to have stoped. The breeder seems to think it is a genetic thing but we have been unable to find any info on this happening before and we do not really trust this particular breeder. We do know that one of it's two sibblings that was also really light had this happen to.
    So does anyone know if this is a genetic morph that is replicable or is it caused by something else like wrong gestation temps or something else?
    Any info would be great, thanks!

Re: Weird Boa Clay?

I have herd of this kinda thing is ball pythons... Not pie bald but some other thing... You know I can not remember what they called it... I think they said it was genetic though.. That is all I can really tell you...
    Eric aka...Red

Comment

Re: Weird Boa Clay?

If anyone ever find this "morph" explained somewhere or it's name please let me know or post a link. It would really be apreciated, thanx.

Comment

Working...
      X