Can anyone tell me more about the Cylone Color Morph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me more about the Cylone Color Morph

I just purchased a beautiful juvenile BCI that is labelled cyclone monster tail. Until the weather here gets better I can't have the snake shipped. I am just wondering what adult cyclones look like and how they differ from standard BCI. I understand that monster tail are more red throughout the body and tail, but if any one can elaborate on this morph, I would love more information.

If any one has any information on the colors a snake with his lineage will develop as it gets older, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,

David

Re: Can anyone tell me more about the Cylone Color Morph

The Cyclone isn't a morph (neither are Monstertails) - They are bloodlines .

The Cyclone , like a few other lines, throws babies with aberrant patterns . They can be subtle , or extreme . It's a type of Polygenic trait, rather than a genetic mutation (morph). This line was named by Robert McFee, and has created some great looking Cyclones.

Comment

[MENTION=9045]Morgans Boas[/MENTION],

Thank you for thee enlightening response. Can you tell me more about the aberrations in coloring, an what makes a cyclone a cyclone.

Thanks,

David

Comment

This is the best write up that remains here....

http://www.redtailboas.com/f18/hypo-...hlight=cyclone
        @robertmcphee is the creator of the line. Maybe he will pop in and re-educate us on beginning of this line as his website is no longer active.

After a little more digging on another forum I found pics of the original mom and dad.

Sire: "from Rich Ihle produced from a Gee line Hypo bred to a Salmon Hypo"

Dam: "First female I bred him to: (Bred him to her 3 times so far) Every successful litter resulted in more than half the litter aberrant with the two best "Cyclones" produced in the first litter 2005 they were also Hypos."

And here is a shot of "Sibling Hypo Cyclones Bred together produced these. All aberrant with 6 "Extreme Cyclones" (including one non-hypo) 1 Cyclone that resembled the Parents and three that were aberrant and hypos."

Hope that helps a little bit.
        Last edited by tsblair; 01-11-2015, 04:59 PM.

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

Thanks for the excellent link. This forum is awesome.

David

Comment

Working...
          X