Help With My RTBs Appearance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With My RTBs Appearance?

We just got our first RTB yesterday, Leviathan, and he was a rescue of sorts. The guy had had him for 2 weeks, crammed into a 5Gal tank and no equipment to keep him warm, comfortable or even alive. He's rather skinny but he seems to doing well in his new set up and gobbled up the thawed mouse we offered. But since they guy who had him bought him on impulse over craigslist (supposedly for 45$) and knew nothing of snakes to begin with, we were left wondering if he is a BCC or a BCI, has a morph or needs special care.

My husband and I have researched snakes a lot but as far the finer points that really only comes with experience, we're sort of lacking. We've looked around trying to compare his colors and patterns to other snakes but there are so many that we don't want to say he's a normal boa or some sort of morph (if he even is one) with any certainty.

Thank you all for stopping by and of course advice and thoughts are always welcome!

Leviathan:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NavyLadybug; 01-15-2015, 10:09 AM. Reason: Spelling Error

Re: Help With My RTBs Appearance?

Can't see my original post, I don't know if its just not loading or what :/

Comment

Hi. He looks like a common BCI type boa. There is no way to know for sure if he's hiding and other genes without knowing knowin his lineage. He's a good looking boa though. Welcome to the forum.

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

Originally posted by NavyLadybug View Post
        Can't see my original post, I don't know if its just not loading or what :/
        My guess is that the post was in moderation. The first few post by new members have to be approved my a moderator to make sure you're not a spam-bot! Now that your name has turned red, your posts are visible immediately!

It looks like you have a really nice looking, clean normal Boa Constrictor Imperator (BCI). I really dig the reduced pattern and bow tie saddles!

-Sean in NoCal
        “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
        -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandorasdad View Post
          My guess is that the post was in moderation. The first few post by new members have to be approved my a moderator to make sure you're not a spam-bot! Now that your name has turned red, your posts are visible immediately!

It looks like you have a really nice looking, clean normal Boa Constrictor Imperator (BCI). I really dig the reduced pattern and bow tie saddles!

Thank you for clearing that up for me, I was confused haha and Thank you for the info on Leviathan!

Comment

Leviathan has these "eye spots" (I don't know if thats the correct term, so please forgive me if it's not) in his red tail saddles, they look a bit like deadpool lol, I haven't seen this in many of the photos I've seen of RTBs, is it just another form of coloring like I assume?

Attached Files

Comment

You get awesome points just for dropping a Deadpool reference!

Sent from my HTC One via Tapatalk

-Sean in NoCal
              “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
              -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandorasdad View Post
                You get awesome points just for dropping a Deadpool reference!
                Had it been completely up to me he would have been Deadpool or Wade because of the eye spots! My husband however wanted a more reptilian name but vetoed my next choice which was Slytherin lol So Leviathan he became

Also, our son is named after two comic book legends, Magneto and Wolverine and no his name contains neither Erik nor Logan Haha

Comment

He's a really nice looking boa, welcome to the boa world aka addiction central.
                  http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Working...
                  X