Morphs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morphs

Show me some cool morphs and please say why you prefer boas over ball pythons. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Morphs

I prefer boas because they're more active than bp's, I love the patterns and colors, and they're a much more manageable size than Burms anaconda and retic. My favorite morph is the keltic

Comment

Thanks, I've never heard of keltic.

Comment

I prefer a little bit of both, although i`m not a fan of the ball python but we do have a bumble bee ball python. Yes boas are more active then ball pythons and to me i think that boas and some different morphs of ball pythons do have some awesome patterns. I would like to own an anaconda because i think they are awesome snakes and can be docile pets just like boas. I love the reticulated as well as the Burmese.
        sigpicJrock23

Comment

I'm currently loving Moonglows, and hoping to make some someday. I like boas over bp's because they actually move, and this might sound weird, but I just like their faces better, too.

Comment

Well obviously they have better faces! They have moustaches!

Comment

Originally posted by Fender09 View Post
              Well obviously they have better faces! They have moustaches!
              Love those dapper staches!

Comment

Originally posted by Joba1972 View Post
                I'm currently loving Moonglows, and hoping to make some someday. I like boas over bp's because they actually move, and this might sound weird, but I just like their faces better, too.
                They do have a better looking face...I always thought BPs were ugly, but I gotta admit, some of the color morphs are amazing. To me, the boa is the perfect snake to have as a pet.

Comment

I'll give you one simple reason why boas are better that beepers.

The color red. Boas have it. Even without going into morphs, some of the normal BCCs are dripping with deep, crimson the color of fresh blood.

Shades of pink to be found on the laterals. Oranges on a hot sunglow. Until beepers can work in some red, I'm not down.

Brian Barczyk has been hinting that he has made a breakthrough in this, but nobody has seen it yet.

-Sean in NoCal
                  “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
                  -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Snow Boas ... Just beautiful !

Here's mine ..

Comment

I just moved from ball pythons to boa, and recently acquired one from a forum member. I can tell you even in the short time I have had her, I am in love with them. My ball pythons were picky eaters who wasted a lot of mice and rats in their lives, however I fed the new boa and she HITS HARD. I couldn't believe how much faster and quicker the process was for feeding. One smell of the rats and she hammered them down no problem.

As for color, ball pythons have a lot of morphs. however they tend to "dull out" with age. I have only noticed that boas color up with age. Also, they are naturally inquisitive and interactive with their environment. They are incredible animals, I am happy I have the chance to own one. Don't get me wrong, I loved my ball pythons but compared to my new boa, they were lazy and boring.

Wish I had good pictures to show you, but the lighting inside is terrible and it is too cold outside to take "Pepper" out for a photo shoot.

Just google some morphs, see what they look like as adults and scope out which reputable breeders have them. I have bought from a pet store, but I think you would be happier with a boa from a breeder, I know I was.

Comment

Didn't think much of the ghosts before, but I picked up this female simply to try to make Moonglows with her and my male snow, and I can't even tell you how gorgeous she is. These pictures don't even come close to showing her beauty. Now, I think I'm more excited for the Ghosts they may produce than I am about the Moonglows.

No lie: when I opened the bag and saw her, I gasped at how breathtaking she is. Lots of white speckling.

Comment

Working...
                        X