Can anybody guess my BCI's morph???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody guess my BCI's morph???

Hi everyone My name is Anıl and I live in Turkey.. I am new in this forum..

Recently I got a new boa constrictor imperator.. But I don't really know what kind of morph my female boa has.

That's why I felt like I needed to show her photos to you guys

"Firstly we thought that she was a salmon pastel but she has a dark red colour and also the belly of the snake is pinkish red.. I sent some photos to
    my friend (a boa constrictor breeder) and he said that she was a 'bloody pastel salmon'." , the guy (who sold me the snake) said.

And also she is het for kahl albino..(I know it because her eyes are really bright.)

He also said that she was unique in Turkey..

I want to breed her someday , so I need to know what kind of morph she has..

So,
    1)What is this morph? What are your thoughts about her morph?
    2)What should I breed her to? (I want to have some of the babys albino)

[Sorry for my english , If I made any mistakes ]

Photos:

This is an old picture of her;

And those are new pictures;

I like her tail , it's like the war between red and black.. Apparently black is winning.

Re: Can anybody guess my BCI's morph???

She's an extremely nice normal, try to get a very high red/coral albino if you can to breed to her.

Comment

If she is normal then why she is so red? I wish I could see her dad and mom

Comment

Originally posted by thrasherjerk View Post
        If she is normal then why she is so red? I wish I could see her dad and mom
        That would be awesome! The amount of red can differ from snake to snake and many 'lines' have been selectively bred to produce redder offspring, yours must have been one of them. She's very pretty for sure.

Welcome to RTB!
        http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

High red normal. No Salmon (or hypo) by the looks of her saddles and tail. And if you don't know for sure about her parents then you can't really say she is het albino just by the look of her eyes.

Comment

Let's say she is het for kahl albino.. Then is there anyway to produce a litter that contains albinos and high red normals? (Do I have to find a high red normal male? or Can mom affect the babys only by herself?) By the way,thank you guys for your answers!

Comment

Hi,

Your boa is just a nice red colored normal boa. She is not a bloody pastel salmon or hypo. She has to much black in her to be a pastel, salmon or hypo. I had a normal male and female years ago that looks pretty close to your boas colors. Here are a few pictures of them.

Male
              [img]http://www.mccarthyboas.com/RalphCoil01.JPG[/img]

He is the boa on top. The other boa is a female Pastel boa. As you can see her side medallions have a reduced black color to them then his.
              [img]http://www.mccarthyboas.com/Sandy_RalphMating.JPG[/img]

Female
              [img]http://www.mccarthyboas.com/images/N...29_2009_02.jpg[/img]

Now if yours is het for Kahl albino I would pick up a male Kahl albino or sunglow boa to breed yours with. This way you will produce albinos and if yours turns out not to be het for Kahl albino all the babies will be 100% het Kahl albino. Now you could also get a male Kahl albino or sunglow boa with other genetics to make other stuff to such as the jungle morph. The sunglow boa will add hypo to half for your babies you produce.

So now lest say you do get a male albino and breed it to your red female that is het albino this is what you should get. Also since your female is a nice red colored boa that red color should show up in a few of the babies also.

50% of the babies should be albino.
              50% of the babies will be normal 100% het albino.

Here is what you would get if you get a male sunglow.

25.0% of the babies should be albino ,
              25.0% of the babies should be albino / hypos, (Sunglows)

25.0% of the babies should be hypos 100% het albino. (DH Sunglows)
              25.0% of the babies should be normal 100% het albino

The more morphs you add the better stuff turns out.

Here is a link that should help you.
              http://geneticswizard.com/

Take care
              Tom

Comment

You helped me a lot.. Thanks everyone!

Comment

That's a very pretty boa! BTW, your English is just fine!

Comment

Working...
                  X