Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what Marron combos are out there? why haven't we seen more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what Marron combos are out there? why haven't we seen more?

so I have been out of the game for a few years and just getting back in to things. When I got out the Marron was at the top of my go get list and I was surprised to see how far every other morph has come and how I've seen literally no progress on the Marron gene. Has there been a marron albino/sunglow/T+/ anything other than hypo that I just haven't seen? I don't see any marron het anythings for sale and the prices of marrons seem to have dropped a lot. Is the super infertile or with issues? or are people just not in to it in general? Thanks!

Re: what Marron combos are out there? why haven't we seen more?

Marrons are still not widely available worldwide having been first knowingly produced in 2007 (siblings to the original animals are floating around but the owners likely do not know what they are).

There are Marron Jungles and Hypo Jungles that I have seen, several of which are nearing breeding age at this point.

As for the fertility issues of the Super Marron, I believe two males have reproduced, but I could be wrong but it still largely seems to be a bit of a mystery.

Either way, more Marron stuff will start becoming available in the next couple of years.

Comment

There's some marron het vpi T+ out there too.Chaz schilens produced them I believe.Another reason I think people don't work with them is it can be hard to tell what's marron and what isn't.People don't want to take that risk.

Comment

screw it lol, put deposit down on 2012 hypo (probable very very probable) marron female from Gray... maybe I can contribute to this conundrum in the coming years. will likely pair her with my purple sharp sunglow boy. pics of them

hypo marron

purple sunglow (these take a year or more to gain their purple he's just starting to purple up

Purple sunglow from same line, the sire to my boy if i'm not mistaken

Comment

oh and to add to the list, i stumbled upon boanation's facebook page trying to google marron boa combos. they apparently had an albino marron litter and they believe this might be the only marron albino. it's gonna be fun to see an update in a year on how this thing looks.

https://www.facebook.com/boanationbo...type=3&theater

Comment

I did get some info from Gray on the supers that I'll relay here.

"I have no knowledge of any Super Marron breeding trials other than what I tried. I had a male for almost 6 years. I put him with a female twice. He was not particularly active but did court. In one case, the female didn't seem well (she had produced 4 litters and was 12 years old). She died soon after. In the other, the female never ovulated. I sold him a few months ago. The track record for Supers & fertility is not a good one. I'm only aware of the Super Hypo being a successful breeder."

So I would love to hear specifically who produced from a super marron? to my knowledge female super jungles have had litters? so time will tell even if the males have some issues the females have a better chance IMO hopefully.

Comment

FRom the info I've learned Super Marrons are not extremely fertile . . in most case they show zero interest in breeding . . . . .
              So that puts the brakes on almost any Incomplete Don project . . .

Lar M
              Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Someone produced visual VPI T+ marrons recently.Pretty nice animals.

Comment

Originally posted by jere000 View Post
                  Someone produced visual VPI T+ marrons recently.Pretty nice animals.
                  yup i just saw those on another forum, they are INSANE. makes me very happy I am picking up that hypo marron girl...

Comment

Working...
                  X