Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Labyrinth boa vs Scoria boa - What fresh project would you go for??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labyrinth boa vs Scoria boa - What fresh project would you go for??

So IF I get some babies on the ground, be it in 2016 or 2017 (unlikely though my mot sunglow is still courting my albino arab female), I will be taking the plunge in to one of these two projects. But again, only IF/when I get babies on the ground so at this point it's more or less a day dream...

I'm wondering what everyone thinks about these two brand spankin new projects. It seems Jeff has done some work on the laby already so we know what some of the combos look like (and they are NUTS.) But the Scoria seems to be as fresh as they come.

What has you guys more excited? If it were your money, what project would you put the $$$ up for and what direction would you be most excited to take each of them?

Labyrinth boa

Labyrinth motley

Labyrinth hypo

Scoria

Re: Labyrinth boa vs Scoria boa - What fresh project would you go for??

Laby hands down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

where would you take the laby project? I think sunglow is an obvious route but just curious what others are thinking...

I kind of agree with you though, forgetting about all the hype and just looking at the two the laby is more my thing... for some reason when I first saw the scoria I thought it was a locale boa I had never heard of. Just kind of loses the tail all together and doesn't even resemble a BCI IMO. I have to say the thought of getting a female scoria and a male laby did cross my mind since that makes the most financial sense and if you can't decide which you like more, why not turn them in to a combo lol

Hopefully I can get a litter on the ground one of these days and make that dream a reality!

Comment

I would go for the Labyrinth boa as I like more pattern and color in my boas. However the Scoria boa should add some nice pink / red color to any project but I would think it would also reduce the pattern if that is what you like. Now I can’t afford either boa as of right now but my hypo jungle het for albino female’s pattern looks similar to Jeff’s Labyrinth hypo you posted. I know the Jungle and Labyrinth boa morphs are not related as all Labyrinth boas have a very unique eye color. I know jungle’s are every where now but I still love there pattern the best so far. I hope to produce a full chain link jungle sunglow myself in about 4 or 5 years.

Female

Male

Female

Take care
        Tom

Comment

those are awesome, I've always loved jungles. i wish all these darn supers didn't have issues tho, boa morphs would be way cooler if they were all 100%.... we can always dream right? lol I didn't include the super laby "crystal boa" pics. the story is that this boa was apparently brought in with the original laby, DNA analysis showed it was a relative of the laby and a partho baby meaning it had a double dose of the mother which would have been a laby proving it to be a super... BUT since nobody has produced a super laby yet this is only theoretically the super and since it was a partho it didn't fare well after a few years.

crystal boa

an another laby, they aren't all stripey

Comment

I love that Scoria, but it seems like markings could be really hit or miss. If it were me I would do the Scoria, but I tend to lean against the market. It would be fun to see a snake like that with light saddles, or all black tail.

EDIT: Just looked up the Scoria, and where would you get one of these? Has there been any improvements in the last two years? Have there been any successful matings? From what I was finding of data from a couple years ago, the scoria sounded like bad news. I love the colorings and I would love to see an improved market on these, but if they are as hard to reproduce as I was reading it would not be worth my time to invest in that sort of project.

Comment

Labrynth would be my pick. Scoria would be right after it. But I am not buying either any time soon. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by walla2GSP View Post
                EDIT: Just looked up the Scoria, and where would you get one of these? Has there been any improvements in the last two years? Have there been any successful matings? From what I was finding of data from a couple years ago, the scoria sounded like bad news. I love the colorings and I would love to see an improved market on these, but if they are as hard to reproduce as I was reading it would not be worth my time to invest in that sort of project.

they have been reproduced just fine some by henry pioron (not sure on spelling)
                This pic I guess can say more than words

he actually just put a group for sale on another forum... males sold out for 15k, females 8k obo one female left I think. I won't link as I'm sure it's against the rules but I'm sure you could find it easily enough. he actually has a great youtube channel and chronciles two different litters and shows the color progression. Some of them are patterned and I don't mind the pattern at all.

here's a pic of a more patterned scoria, i might even say I like them better with some pattern I just wish the tail pattern were in tact honestly...

Comment

Originally posted by dumboa View Post
                  Labrynth would be my pick. Scoria would be right after it. But I am not buying either any time soon. LOL

I agree, but I fear it's the fear of change in me leaning that way. the laby still looks like a BCI, the scoria doesn't even resemble a BCI IMO and that freaks me out a bit even though the farther away from the norm should attract the eye... jeff's price on the laby project is very reasonable too, much more affordable than the scorias so that will likely seal the deal since I like them better anyways when/if that time ever comes...

Comment

I'm with Tom and would pick the Laby line any day. I do think the Scorias are incredibly beautiful but since I'm a jungle lover and that's what I most enjoy working with, I would have to pick the Labyrinths. Besides, I have seen them in person and as good a photographer as Jeff-0-mundo is, "ain't no way to capture that beauty on film!" They are breathtaking in real life.
                    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

I've wondered the same thing myself a few times actually. A few points to consider.

The scoria boa goes back quite a few years, I want to say at least a few generations. Its been, IMO, mishandled. Which is a shame really for how beautiful it is. I'm glad they've finally got this morph off the ground floor.

As for the Laby; Jeff's baby...I would say that project has been developed and handled perfectly. Selective pairings, not immediately selling offspring, proving the health of the gene. That project is in good hands no doubt. Jeff will do handsomely with this gene ($$).

Here's another thought. By this point the Laby has already been paired to several other morphs. You have to believe Jeff has on quite a bit more "inventory" then he might be letting on...just a thought. IMO this project has the potential to lose value more quickly. EDIT: One thing the Laby has going for it is that its got Mr.Boaphile himself's name on it. The project is more recognizable, and Jeff's name is worth money. For the time being this project is going to remain more "marketable".

If you got in on the Scoria...you'd be at the ground floor. I haven't seen a single cross. There could be some crazy cool stuff in that project still to discover. And at this point any cross is likely going to go UP in value. Supply and demand.

If I had to pick one as investment I know which one I would take....

Comment

You can't go wrong with either one. They are both incredible, but not possible investment for many as of yet. I slightly favor the Scoria.

Comment

Labrynths are great, but nothing beats a nice Scoria!

Comment

Wow that scoria looks awesome....
                            sigpicJrock23

Comment

Originally posted by BoigaBoid View Post
                              As for the Laby; Jeff's baby...I would say that project has been developed and handled perfectly. Selective pairings, not immediately selling offspring, proving the health of the gene. That project is in good hands no doubt. Jeff will do handsomely with this gene ($$).
                              I strongly agree with this.. the other part too. but here is what I´d look for in this kind of "investment". Jeff is backing up this project/morph, and he is THE man in boas.

beyond that, you should take the one you like more.
                              ...(L brnth...) ´.´

Ale.-

Comment

Working...
                              X