Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enigma 2.0

Lighting dose in fact strike twice!
    Three years ago I got a surprise in my pure El Salvador het and blood litter.
    I got this strange hypo looking baby that I dubbed the Enigma baby.
    Being there is no hypo in the parents, this was a surprise.
    After some digging amd research no one had seen anything like it out of pure El Salvadoran litters.
    Unfortunately it passed away.
    Last year the pairing was re done but didn't take.
    This year we hit it big time.
    The breeding has successfully reproduced the Enigma trait, and a lot of the questions about the Enigma have been answered.
    The parents of the original litter had a litter of 11 healthy young, 2 stillborn and 2 slugs.
    In this litter we got 6, 66% het bloods, 1 blood "still undecided if it fits the Enigma so possibly an Enigma", 3 normal Enigmas and 1 bloody Enigma.
    When the original Enigma popped up I had a ton of questions that some seem to have been answered.
    Question #1, is it reproducible?
    Answer #1, simply yes!
    Question #2, since the 1st only lived 48 hours is in a fatal gene mutation?
    Answer #2, the new Enigmas are all thriving so it appears "so far" they are providing viable
    Question #3, was it a weird expression partho?
    Answer #3, it appears with this litter at least 1 is a male so that negates the partho question!
    Question #4, was it an odd expression of blood and linked to the blood gene?
    Answer #4, being we got both "normal and blood Enigmas" in this litter there is still a slight possibility but highly unlikely!
    Question #5, is it a different type of anery "it did resemble a plasma and was the most common theory"?
    Answer #5, with a bloody Enigma being produced it's obviously not a type of anery.
    Question #6, is it a recessive type of hypo "it looks and acts like hypo, it greatly reduces both black pigmentation and pattern"?
    Answer #6, it's still too early to tell but we now have a decent number of animals to do a good bit of breeding trials with.
    In conclusion the Enigma gene project with pure El Salvadoran boas will continue and I also have a partner who might some morph trials when we get a little more knowledge of what exactly this gene dose amd how it acts.
    In theory it so far acts recessive and "in my opinion" seems traceable to the grand sire "the parrents are 1/2 siblings from the same St.Pierre blood male and unrelated females.
    Pics to follow

Re: Enigma 2.0

Very cool! Good luck with these, hope you get more answers.

Comment

Thanks.
      You and Morti know I got quite a few years invested already and will have many more to come

Comment

Thanks for posting here, I have been seeing your posts on FB and was hoping you would! Congratulations, this is definitely an exciting litter and please post some post shed pictures here as well?
        http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Oh yes... I'm so happy for you! Just went and looked at the vids. Too cute!

Comment

Enigma litter http://youtu.be/T1kvIhkSXDA

Comment

Enigma litter video 2 http://youtu.be/Pmb9zJn2-lY

Comment

Group shot,

Comment

*girlie squeals*

Comment

very cool, will be intersting to see an enigma x enigma breeding to see what pops eventually !

Comment

Originally posted by invincible boas View Post
                      very cool, will be intersting to see an enigma x enigma breeding to see what pops eventually !
                      We have pos het to pos het, visual to visual, visual to mom and visual to dad planned in the future.
                      We have to "even though I prefer to keep them pure" use the males to other morph females of anything we can that works similar to test out if it is a new expression of a known morph from other boas.
                      All part of proving them out and better understanding the gene

Comment

2 fresh shed

Comment

6 of the 11 to shed

Comment

Working...
                          X