X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colombians vs. Surinams

Hey Guys,

I currently own a Colombian Boa and naturally my fasination with boas is growing. I have seen pics of the surinams on the net and I love the way they look. My question to the experienced keepers is that if you have noticed a difference in temperament between the colombians and the surinams, and if so is it really that bad?

thanx

Re: Colombians vs. Surinams

I have heard from some that the Suriname are a little attitudey, but I have not experienced that with mine and a few breeders I have spoken to on this subject have said they had no problem. As with any of them, if you give them frequent and gentle handling you'll have a winner. If you see one you want than I suggest buying it. Enjoy life and buy another Boa or two. cwm4.gif

Comment

My suriname is my favorite because he has such a good disposition. The only thing is, I had to make sure the suriname cage temperatures higher than normal....otherwise he had a hard time digesting food. I knew this because he kept tossing it up.

Comment

re the cwm8.gif,
        i've read that surinames are noted for this,and for that reason you have to let then go longer afer feeding before handleing,maybe 3-4 days,or woop up it comes :P,
        cheers,pam

Comment

Nope. 48 hours and then they can come back out to play. They are cared for the same that you care for a BCI. Don't overthink it. They are just as easy to care for. They just get bigger.

Comment

I have both Colombian and a Surinam Female. They are sweethearts. I've had them for 3yrs, they were just a few months olds when I got them. The only diference between my Colombian male and my Surinam female is at feeding time. My male is a relaxed eater while my female Surinam is an agressive eater. By now I know their breething and when I see her breath fast I know to drop the food and go. ;D ;D Get a Surinam if you really want one. I once wanted one so bad that when that day came, I saw her and took her home I felt like a kid on Christmas getting the toy he wanted. It was an awsome feeling. Now, if I can only get that Gibson Les Paul I've been wanting......................

Comment

Working...
            X