X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paraguanera Venezuelan Locality

Anyone working with Paraguanera's?

Re: Paraguanera Venezuelan Locality

Yes. Great boas. Mine are still quite young (2014), but they are very unique boas with features of both BCI and BCC. Really cool locality!

RR_20 (Mike)

Comment

A young male has come up for sale near me. I'd never heard of the locality before.

Do they get big like other BCC? And do you have to be just as careful about not overfeeding?

Comment

If they share some of the traits of BCCs they might share the intolerance of unsuitable climate traits. I would probably make sure the climates you provide are perfect before picking them up. I don't know what the perfect climate is for them.

Comment

No, they would be classified as dwarves. And they are not BCC, but classified as BCI instead, despite having many characteristics of BCC. As for feeding, always be conservative with any boa, and you will have no problems. Did the seller indicate who produced the boa and from which lineage? This is a very rare locality, so be careful you're getting the real deal.

RR_20 (Mike)

Comment

As for husbandry, they will be just fine with an 88-90 hotspot, with an ambient of 78 cool to 82-84 warm. Keep humidity in the 65-70 range, and you're good to go.

RR_20 (Mike)

Comment

Male...image.jpg

Comment

Pic of female won't upload for some reason.

RR_20 (Mike)

Comment

Female...image.jpg

Comment

^^^^^ - There she is! Pissy little girl!

RR_20 (Mike)

Comment

Originally posted by Ridge Runner_20 View Post
                      No, they would be classified as dwarves. And they are not BCC, but classified as BCI instead, despite having many characteristics of BCC. As for feeding, always be conservative with any boa, and you will have no problems.
                      Excellent!

Did the seller indicate who produced the boa and from which lineage? This is a very rare locality, so be careful you're getting the real deal.

RR_20 (Mike)
                      Supposedly produced by Vin Russo. I've dealt with the seller before; he knows I'm very into the dwarf/locality boas and ensuring I've got pure lines, which is why he reached out to me before offering him up for sale publically.

Comment

�������� Vin would be one of two people I know producing the real deal, so you should be good to go. Jump on that little booger. I really enjoy this very rare locality. ��

RR_20 (Mike)

Comment

Just as an aside, Vin and a fellow named Christopher Wolf are my "go-to" guys for everything locality boas, especially the dwarf varieties. They keep and produce some of the very finest and rarest locality boas available on the planet - Crawl Cay, Caulker Cay, Hog Island, Mainland Belize, Paraguanera Vz, Rio Orinoco Vz (BCC)... And the list goes on. Great guys, beautiful animals.

RR_20 (Mike)

Comment

Originally posted by Ridge Runner_20 View Post
                            Just as an aside, Vin and a fellow named Christopher Wolf are my "go-to" guys for everything locality boas, especially the dwarf varieties. They keep and produce some of the very finest and rarest locality boas available on the planet - Crawl Cay, Caulker Cay, Hog Island, Mainland Belize, Paraguanera Vz, Rio Orinoco Vz (BCC)... And the list goes on. Great guys, beautiful animals.

RR_20 (Mike)
                            Oh I know. I think Legacy Reptiles and TC Reptiles also work with these.

And I am very glad to hear these are a dwarf locality. I can DIY a(nother) 3-4 foot PVC enclosure very easily when needed.

Comment

Be sure and post some pictures for us when you get you new addition please?
                              http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Working...
                              X