X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of the two Rescues

Hey all,

Alot have been following the two rescues I took in that arrived today. Figured I would give a full update as well as some pics.

They arrived today from Texas. They were in real good spirits considering the long bouncy trip. I took them both out without any problems. They are both about 7 foot, but the female is three times the girth as the male. Both appearded to have the startings of belly rot, but the very beginning. Sure we can reverse this before any problems happen. The female was in the final phase of shedding. Both were a little thin, the male was by far the thinnest and needs some meat put on him. But both looked clean, no mites, no RI, etc. I placed them in their new big house and the surfed for a bit then settled down for the evening. I really wanted to give them both a good soak to make sure they were well hydrated. I normally leave resuces alone for three days if I can depending on medical condition. But I didn't wait, i wanted to atleast do a bath for them. They both soaked in the tub tank. Male did about 40 mins and was ready to come out. When i took him out, he was acting perfectly so I put him straight into the feed tank. Offered his first fresh killed rat. Took it with no delay. The female was splitting her shed, so I left her in for another hour, she was all coiled and relaxing. After the soak, I was gonna feed the female, but I noticed that not only was her shed splitting, there was pieces of old shed under it, so I assisted the shed and he was fully cooperating not one hiss or nip. Both really have great temperments so far. The new and old shed came off with no problem right to the tip of the tail. The only areas that I had to be careful on was some old rat bites on its back. But they are healing nice. After the shedding I offered her, her first pre-killed Jumbo rat. Took it with no delay and swallowed it pretty fast.

Both are back in their house now relaxing. So all looks good so far for these two.

Please understand that the person who had these snakes was givin wrong info on things like bedding, what to feed and how often. But she only wanted the best for these guys, and now they have that. She did the right thing and it makes me feel good that she cared enough for these guys to give them the best chance instead of getting 50 bucks from a local pet shop..

Pictures below. More updates in the future.

Sorry about the fast pics. Its been a crazy day..

This one is of the male just after his bath.
    Steve

Re:Pics of the two Rescues

This is him eating, Sorry the rat bled abit after he was killed..

Steve

Comment

This is the girl in the bath. She really didn't want to come out..LOL

Steve

Comment

This one is right after we did the shed assist.

Steve

Comment

The last for now. Her jumbo meal..

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,
            These two are actually really nice looking snakes. I bet their in heaven. It was awesome of you to take them in. They will have a wonderful home now. Thought of any names, or do you even name your rescues? Well good luck with them although I am sure you don't need it.

Beth

Comment

Thanks BMoore,

They will have a good home. Normally I do not name the rescues unless I get hooked on them and keep them.. Almost 100% hooked now..LOL

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Wow they look completely different. I cannot express enough how grateful I am to you for truly rescuing these boas. After I talked with you this afternoon and you filled me in on their true condition I was very upset. I am so angry that these guys did not have a better time. I relyed on so much misinformation as well as expecting their owner to return. How stupid of me. I have said a few prayer for these guys as well. If God cares about the sparrows than I know these boas matter too. Thank you so much for your help!

CRod

Comment

Crod.........
                  Don't even blame yourself. You did the best to your knowledge AND were smart enough to find someone to care for them. And weren't they kinda just thrown on you? That wasn't fair, I don't think that's your fault.
                  Everyone can tell you really want whats best for them. Steve will spoil them! Hehehehehe ;D

**Beth**

Comment

Cris,

I agree 100% with BMoore. I never once thought you did any wrong doing. I still feel you were givin some bad info from the last owner. And trust me the weight issue with the male is not 5 months of once a month feedings. It was years. But you must have done something right. These guys just made a trip across the US, arrived today to a stranger grabbing them, putting them in water, peeling shed, etc and not once did they bite or hiss. Even funnier was the girl, if you let go of her side she would fall off you. So you must have been nice to them..

I will keep you posted, I expect it to be all positve..
                    Steve

Comment

8)Well i do say there happy in there new home and you are taking excellent care of them Steve.. They look good!!!

Comment

Well I think I am getting close to saying if they are happy they can chill here with the family and get spoild like the others..LOL. So Baracudda, when you gonna send me down some nice fat cheap rabbits?..LOL.. They cost so much up here..LOL

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Excellent job on the two boas! They are very good looking. You, along with many others here on this forum, have my utmost respect for the way you care for your snakes and especially for all the rescues and rehabs you take in. Keep up the great work!!

Jeff

Comment

like I said when I talked to you,Steve,these two are beauties and you should keep them.keep up the good work.as for crod she must of been doing something right and it is great that she tried to (and got them) a good home instead of ????????. ciao Danny

Comment

Hey Fonzy,

Thanks for the kind words. I think most do it for the same reason I do. Love cold blooded friends. Just giving something back to the reps we love..

Thanks again..
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X