X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastels make everything better!

Pastels make EVERYTHING better.

This is a Pastel Albino Yearling, a baby Pastel Albino, a second generation Pastel Hypo and at the bottom a yearling typical Albino.

Another shot of one of the other Pastel Albinos with the same normal Albino and the Pastel Hypo.

You know for years a small minority of Boa keepers believed in the Pastel projects. The majority did not. In fact a number of large breeders went out of their way to be very vocal about their lack of belief or confidence in the Pastel trait. It's too bad because I think the primary reason for bad mouthing the Pastel thing was somehow an effort to focus more attention on their own projects. I have always believed in selective breeding in conjunction with some of the known and proven morphs. I have been slowly trying to not just make Albinos or Hypos but to, through selective breeding, improve on Albinos and Hypos. I have been quietly and sometimes not so quietly touting Pastels. After years of selective breeding, saving the best animals for long term breeding projects and now that these Boas have come of age we are fortunate to have produced some of what the Pastel characteristic can and will produce. Others have done the same. I have said it before and I will say it again. We have only seen the very tip of the iceberg regarding what can be done and produced using Pastels.

Here is one of my Pastel Hypos giving birth 13 days ago:

Here are a few of her babies a few days after they were born before they shed:

Here are a few again when they are 12 days old and have had their first shed:

We still have just touched the surface. Pattern abnormalities, outrageous color, new mutations and who knows what else have and will become more common as this most interesting of traits becomes more refined and fine tuned. Bringing in other wild patterned and colored animals is the key to stay one step ahead or one move beyond the average.

theboaphile.com
    boaphileplastics.com

Re:Pastels make everything better!

You must be commended for your dedication to the improvement of a species, Hat's off.
    I find your boas to be among the most beautiful and healthy specimens I have ever seen.
    Above and beyond the new morphs and patterns what truely impressed me about your animals is thier robust over-all health; it just seems to leap out of the pictures.
    I hope to be a proud owner in the not too distant future.
    You are a one-of-a-kind, good luck with future endeavors and I , for one, just LOVE the "baby pictures"!

Comment

Hi Jeff,
      Once again i am Green with envy over that pastel albino,, Geeze please send him to me... hehe
      Doug

Comment

That's the most stunning boa I've ever seen Jeff, kudos for sticking to pastels and making it work. More pics please!

-Erica

Comment

Totally Awe Struck. Really beautiful Boa's. I would love to own a Pastel. Someday.........

**Beth**

Comment

wow jeff those pastels babies are stunning..i think every 1 should own pastels but thats just me ..how many did she have ??

Comment

Whoa Jeff, wheres my sunglasses, s27.gif s27.gif those babies are blinding my eyes.. LOL!! They are just all beautiful boas.. What can i say other than WOW!!!! b27.gif b27.gif

Comment

Ooh, beautiful snakes you have there!!

Comment

cool looking snakes!

Comment

Very nice Jeff. Now the only then left to do is send them my way.

Comment

I agree with everything you said, and have always been a strong believer in the pastels. Even I couldn't believe all the different types you and others have produced.
                      I have a pastel hypo that came from you about 18 mos. ago. I got him in December at a mom and pop pet store that specializes in reptiles. They breed lizards and burms. The guy that had it on consignment for $100. He just couldn't keep her anymore and I got a great deal. She's beautiful and healthy, and I just can't say enough about her. Thank you for breeding such exceptional animals, and continue to do so.

Comment

Working...
                      X