Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of the girls after dinner, and a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of the girls after dinner, and a question.

This is probably the darkest you'll see these two aside from pre-shed, as they are fat and happy digesting a meal from dinner last night.

Kenzy, pictured first, looks great, proportial after a nice lil rat pup, but Paecee worries me a bit. I know boas have different "body types" like us people do, but she looks HUGE. Her and Kenzy have always been on the same feed schedule, 7 days and currently on sm-med rat pups. They are in no way too big for her, ever a little on the small side. She's not being powerfed, or even overfed, but should I cut back her feedings? This trend I'd say started about 3-4 feeds ago. She just blew up, like she ate a football. She's not impacted, and defecates normally.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Here they are:

Kenzy:

Paecee, the lil porker... She looks even bigger in person:

Re: Pics of the girls after dinner, and a question.

is she swollen like that because of the meal digesting? She does look overweight, but if that's something digesting it's too hard to say. I know in her other pics she looks pretty normal. I'd stretch her feed intervals a few extra days if anything.

Comment

Great looking snakes. If she has only been looking a little large for a few weeks....it could be something similar to what my boy did one time. He was defecating normally...but seemed pretty swollen. Then about a month later he had an exceptionally large defecation and seemed to even out when he was eating. I took him to the vet when he looked swollen (about like Paecee) and he said everything was normal on all test. If nothing seems wrong I would say your alright.

Comment

Robbin, both of thoes pictures were as of about a half hour ago, and they ate late last night (about 13-14 hours ago). That's definately a lump still in need of digesting, but she is still rather girthy compared to her sister.

I was thinking that maybe she's just retaining a lot of poo, and I'll get one massive present soon, but I just wanted to be sure and ask some other people's opinions.

Comment

Cherry my suggestion is not to feed her for 2 weeks,If she has retained some poo or is brewing a good one for you it well come out during the 2 week period.

Comment

And maybe try soaking her and see what that does for her. They both look great!

Comment

is she any longer than kenzy?

Comment

Nope, Paecee is actually 1/2-1in shorter. I will try not feeding her for two weeks and see how that goes. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Due to the meal in her belly, I can't really see anything bad going on with her. She just looks a bit stockier then the other one. Try not to sweat it too much and just keep an eye out for a bm.

Comment

I don't tink you have anything to worry about. It looks to me that Kenzy just processes her food a bit faster and it is more of a "body type" thing than a real health issue.

You could try to space out the feedings a bit, it may help.

Comment

go buy a medieval stretching rack...that should fix her right up...and she'd be breeding size by July

Comment

Working...
                      X