X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male rescue eats a pig

Hey all and chris,

Figured I would give an update on the two sankes I took in a few weeks back.. This one is of the male, now called "Twister". If you seen the way he moves, you would understand the name..LOL He is putting on weight abit slower then I want. So I gave him a nice fat F/T guiena pig for a meal tonight. it was a 2 pound one, so this should put some fat on his ribs.. Still plan on running a fecal smear on him as soon as he goes to the bathroom..LOL

So far so good..

Steve

Re:Male rescue eats a pig

here is another one.. Thats one big Guiena pig.. Look how long that pig is...

Steve

Comment

And the last one I took. He really didn't care for me disturbing him for photo ops.. But he took it down, rested in the feed cage for 20 mins and is now curled up on the heat digesting..

Steve

Comment

lol too cute that pigs looks bigger than him hehehe

Comment

That pig looks like it could swallow that Boa

That is a great looking snake... I love that reddish coloring.

Comment

wow look at the size of that pig lol nice pics once again steve love the color of that little guy.... u sure that isn't a dog of some sort looks to big for a pig to me lol j/k keep them coming steve. by the way did tear finally get to eat bug's bunny last night lol.

Lee

Comment

A pig? Looks like a rooster to me. [me=XzyluM]laughs.[/me]

Comment

lol

Comment

I was wondering where my cat went!!!!! LOL!!

Comment

My redtail is taking two large rats every two weeks or so I bet I could move to small guinys or rabbits now but I have like fifty rats to get red of... That did look like a chicken.. hehe
                    Eric aka...Red

Comment

The funny thing was I got him and my girl Midnight Guiena Pigs to add alittle fat in their diet and as a treat. Midnight refused to eat the bigger one so I offered this guy the big one and he whomped it.. Took him about an hour to finish it, but as of right now, he is just relaxing on the heat digesting it and looking like a distored snake..LOL

Your guys are way too funny.. I had a hard time feeding Guiena pigs and rabbits the first time. i use to keep both as pets when I was younger. I also make sure the kids are asleep before I feed these types of food. My sons had a Guiena pig for three years till it died. No reason to add to the theropy bill later in life..LOL

Steve

Comment

Geeze,
                        better double lock that cage he could eat one of them little ankle bitters I got running around the house. Hey better let him have a day off before holding ,, hehe
                        Doug
                        I fed my hog a really large item once and she went off feeding for almost 6 wks so I don't push her to much any more. Has this happend
                        to anyone else. ???.. DOug

Comment

LOL Doug..

With the bigger meals I normally give atleast 3 days of relaxing before I hold them.. A regurge mouse or rat is bad enough, wouldn't want one from a guinea pig or rabbit.. Yuck....

I do notice if the snake has a big meal, larger then normal, they may slow on feedings for the next few weeks.. like with him. I will not offer food again for atleast 15 days unless he deficates. then 12-14 days..

Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X