X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guyana Handfull

HI,
    I took a fair picture of my female the other day and wanted to share they change so much as they age.
    Here's my female Holley.

doug

Re:Guyana Handfull

Hey Doug,

Very pretty Guyana.. How is his temperment. been hearing a lot of stories as of late with agressive guyana's..

Steve

Comment

HI,
      i believe its because so many are WC and others are breeders and any boa if not held can be a bit snotty.
      The female has never even hissed at me in three years except when I first bought her she was a little nipper and would huff and puff better than most cobra's
      NOw I uselly hand feed her in her cage and she will not even touch the rat until I leave the room .
      I'll reserve my comments if she ever drops some babies they can change a bit after that. :P
      d0ug
      here's her mate ruddee making a bee line for me while cleaning their cage, they come straight at you when you open the door.. I guess he wants out he's never even tried to bit me . whoa .they can move pretty fast when they want out, I'lld never allow them access to a tree you would proabably have to cut it down to get them out and lawn furniture is extremly difficult to remove a Guyana from you untangle one end and he's stuck his tail somewhere else .....

I actually find my Guyana to be more shy and docile than my other boa's they never strike at their food .. Maybe I am lucky , the male hides his head under a coil in the feeder until I leave the room and donot bother him for at least an hour, he always eat's if you leave him alone with the food though.. Very shy.. They do moan a complaint when hauled out of the cage.. what a bunch of heavy breather's they let out a very audible exhale when disturbed or moved and can be extremly difficult to remove from your arm. they don't like new people or people they don't know they tend to pull away from them ....

here they are together inspecting their new cage holley like the first floor its a round 88-89 ambients and ruddee likes the second floor its 82-84 ambient ,

. hummm maybe its a guy thing I like my house a bit cooler than the wifee's..

Comment

yes i just had to get rid of my 4' guyana that i had he was fine the first day i got him then he snapped the very next day never liked to be held would always strike at me he even struck at the snake hook i used to move him cage to feeding cage.. was not a nice one i should say and the person i got him from did say that he was cb so i don't know i will not be getting another guiyana for a while.

Comment

She has a nice bright Red Tail Doug. 8) She sure is pretty.

Comment

Hi, Thanks,
            Ruddee has the most color anice dark burgandy in his tail and a neat pasely like pattern its hard to capture they are always moving. this is his feed tubb he seems to like it ..

the second pic is light from the flash being to close.

He's been hanging in his feed box for a week after feeding he has this really huge cage but he likes his little plastic tubb, its not really a hide cause the tops open but he seems to like it so I leave it in his cage. Holley came down last week for a visit but went back to the warmer floor of the cage.
            Boa's can't figure them out.. ???
            doug

Comment

LOL nice looking boas thought love the color mine was a almost purple one with a black belly

Comment

8)Hey Doug, beautiful Guyanas!!!!! Very very pretty tails, wow them tails are blinding me quick wheres my sun glasses when i need um.. LOL!!!! ;D ;D ;D Great pics Doug.........

Comment

Beautiful Boa...Love that Tail!!

Comment

Nice looking snakes you have there Doug.

Comment

Working...
                    X